Chocolatier in Paris
News

The Best Chocolate Brands in the World

Monday chocolate mood

1687
The Best Chocolate Brands in the World

Nobody loves chocolate as the French do. From wine to cheese, their gastronomic culture is rich and varied. Many of the country’s best foods share common roots: in the earth, in our need for salt and carbohydrates, and in more modern farming techniques that have brought us more fruits and vegetables than ever before. And as with wine, it’s less about a specific variety or grape than about finding what works for you, your own palate, and your unique environment.

Of course, a foodie culture doesn’t come without its challenges. Steep prices mean quality is often reserved for the wealthy; for many people eating out is an exotic experience rather than a daily occurrence, and there are only so many excellent restaurants within a reasonable drive from just about everyone on the planet (here’s looking at you New York City).

In other words: unless you live in France or have relatives who do, dining out in this country can be expensive...and sometimes disappointing.

Where to eat in France?

The best chocolate manufacturers in the world are a dime a dozen, and France has plenty to offer. There’s no need to be limited by price or location.

For the best chocolates, try Paris, which has some of the world’s most famous names in the industry—Praline, Godiva, and Pierre Marcolini—in addition to less well-known ones like Michel Cluizel and Maison du Chocolat if you prefer your chocolate with sea salt, head down south to Bordeaux for a scrumptious meal at Le Cordon Bleu, one of the world’s most prestigious culinary schools.

If you enjoy hot chocolate, you should definitely check out Le Verre Volé in Paris’ Marais neighbourhood. This is where you’ll find their famous hot chocolate, straight from an artisanal copper pot that makes it extra thick and creamy!

Which foods are worth eating out?

Of course, there are exceptions to every rule. In France, you’ll find some incredible restaurants where you can splurge on a meal and enjoy the best French food in the world. But if you’re looking for more affordable options, these are the foods that stand out as worth eating out.

Roux

The roux is a thickening agent historically used in French cooking to thicken sauces or stews. It’s made of flour and fat (usually rendered animal fat such as lard or butter) that is cooked until it’s golden brown and has an appetizing aroma.

Boeuf Bourguignon

The boeuf bourguignon is a classic French stew of beef, onions, carrots, celery, red wine, tomato paste, garlic and herbs (including thyme). The key here is to make sure all the ingredients are properly browned before adding liquids: this will create deep savoury flavours.

Boudin blanc

According to legend, boudin blanc was created by accident when a cook accidentally dropped a pound of pork meat into milk instead of water for boiling. This mixture was boiled for hours until the whites had risen up into tiny little dumplings and turned white from being cooked in the milk. This dish takes time and patience, but it’s well worth it: fluffy dumplings with a delicate flavour that’s hard not to love!

The best chocolate brands in the world

That’s where the best chocolate brands come in. Thanks to their affordability, accessibility, and the sheer variety of flavours available, these products are perfect for those who want to treat themselves to something special or just have a craving for something sweet. They may not be as fancy as what you find at L’Ecole No. 5, but they taste just as good and are more accessible.

The best chocolate brands are also a great way to support local businesses while giving yourself an opportunity to explore new tastes without travelling across town or across the globe. And even if you live far from France, there are still plenty of French-inspired treats you can try at home, such as berry-laden sweet tarts and crunchy candy bars made with oeufs en cocotte (baked eggs).

Here’s a list of the five best chocolate brands in France to help you make a decision:

The 5 Best Chocolate Bars in France

The French have a long tradition of making chocolate from their own country’s cocoa beans, with some of the world’s best brands being made in France. Here are five of the most well-known:

1. Valrhona
  2. Pierre Herme
  3. Pralus
  4. Guittard
  5. Cacao Barry

Conclusion

France is known for many things, including its delicious sweets. French chocolate is just one of the many delicacies to be found in the country. With so many chocolate companies, it can be difficult to decide which is the best. But that’s not a problem at all.