The Beauty Of Taking Chances

The Beauty Of Taking Chances

With great risk comes great reward.

28
The Beauty Of Taking Chances
Allison Murphy

Sometimes you feel compelled to live your life more on the safe side in fear of what might happen. I have allowed my worry and fear to restrain me from taking chances at times, but that stops now. Recently I have not allowed myself to live in fear. I have been able to not think of the consequences that could come with certain actions, but rather live my life the way I want. If I constantly think of the consequences of all my actions then I will never live my life the way I want to live it, but rather the way everyone else expects me to live it. I now know that no matter what I want to make sure I am happy with my life at the end of the day.

Now, this does not mean I am going to start doing things to hurt others or make others upset with me. It means that I just want to stop listening to what others say I should be doing. I want to especially stop listening to those people who do not actually know me. They are the ones who assume they know best and get mad when you do something that they did not plan. These are the types of people I want to stop from controlling my life.

I want to take the chance to just travel without knowing my destination, I want to love without fear of being broken in the end, I want to be friends with whoever I want without upsetting my other friends. These are some of the chances I want to go out and take. The beauty of life is you never know where it is going to take you, but if you allow it the chance, it can take you to the most beautiful of places. It can allow you to find yourself along the way and meet some of the people that will be there for you forever.

Give up on control because I hate to say it, but you can't really control life. It has a funny way of working, but it does not give you the control you wish you had. I have most certainly learned this within this past year. At times I so badly wanted to be able to control every aspect of what was going on around me, but I finally learned after a very long time that I can not control everything that takes place around me. Trust me that feeling of not having control at times can be extremely frustrating, but once you let go of this need to be in control you will be set free.

You will open yourself up to so many opportunities to take chances that could truly make you happy. I have to be honest though I am not perfect, at times I yearn for that control again and get so swept up in so much that does not allow me to be free. I get swept up in drama, my social life, social media, and boys. Eventually, though I continue to get back to my more centered self. It takes time to get there though. For example, recently, I have not felt centered at all. I have been so swept up in the superifical stuff in life that I have not given myself the chance to take chances.

As I continue on my journey back to my centered self I am still presented with so many chances that I have to decide to take or not in order to continuously make myself happy. Maybe at times, these chances are not the best for me. But with those chances comes a lesson. With every chance comes a lesson whether it be good or bad.

So I want to encourage all those around me to take chances because these chances can come with great rewards for yourself. They will make you who you are or want to be. Always stay true to yourself though and be happy with who you have become throughout your journey.