The Backwardness of the Alt-Right Movement

It is Powerless to the Core

25
The Daily Dot

For a couple of weeks now this country has been in some serious tension with politics. Aside from the worst election the nation has ever encountered, it is evident that many other social issues have come to the surface. Unfortunately, every core of what makes this nation democratic has changed just to offer the oppressor all the power. A video released by the Alt- Right Conference a couple of weeks ago has become a boiling issue in my mind. It has angered many people, especially those who have experienced injustice and oppression and lived through the changes that were made. Not only were many Americans disappointed by Richard Spencer's speech but also for not owning up to his twisted mindset that he is in fact a White Supremacist and racist. This sudden revealed meeting and movement which was very much suppressed before was ignited by the election of Donald Trump. In the meeting, Richard Spencer made remarks about the power and intelligence white people have above others as well as a message that praised Donald Trump. The speech that was delivered was made so that it could offend Jews and every other minorities. It was made to praise only the white race. The Nazi gestures were offensive and hurtful to watch. To see people in this time period embracing the monstrosity of the past is beyond disturbing. Richard Spencer is simply uniting racists by the name of Donald Trump and has a strong belief and sense of entitlement over the pride he wears on his skin. Richard Spencer is actually not as powerful as he wants people to believe he is. On an interview with Roland Martin, Richard Spencer unfortunately failed to attempt his powerfulness as he refuses to confirm that he is a racist. Along with that, he failed a basic first grade geography question when stating that Egyptians are not black. After failing to answer correctly some major historical question, such as the Holocaust or slavery, it even becomes comical that he has no basic understanding of how today's society works. This proves the point of how uneducated these racist groups are. The backwardness of their understanding of society adds up to the darkness of this world. These groups oppose diversity and living together as one for the basic fact that we are humans. Instead, they wish to expand racism by negatively labeling individual groups based on skin color. The world has come very far building light and foundation of some respect for one another. But deep down there is still bitterness with a plan to turn one nation against another merely for our differences. This is ignorance and the lack basic common sense or mortality and being human. Let's make a positive change in the world that radiates love and acceptance, not hatred and monstrosity.