The Bachelor, As Told By My Father..

The Bachelor, As Told By My Father..

Some of the funniest things I've heard him say, yet weirdly very correct.

44
The Bachelor, As Told By My Father..
Wallprints

The Bachelor is a huge hit around the nation for all ages. As I have been watching over the years, I have realized that my dad, of all people, gets really into the storyline each season. I love watching the show with him because he has hilarious, yet very true, commentary. For the final episode of Nick's season, I decided to sit down and record everything my dad said as we watched the last episode of the season.

KEY:

Parenthesis around words: What is going on in the show.
* : What my dad is doing (actions/movements).
Quotations: What my dad is saying while watching the show.

Enjoy.

“Do you want to watch The Voice instead? It’s better.”

“The fantasy suite disgusts me. Well, as a father I would kill somebody. As this fantasy suite thing, I wouldn’t want to be with with him if he was going to be with two other girls.”

“Just listen to how he talks, I don’t get how these girls are so in love.”

“She’s way too hot for him” (Vanessa)

“Plus, I think her family scares him.”

“I would never let you date a guy like him.”

“I can see him flaking and walking out on both”

“I don’t think he really loves any of the girls.”

THIS IS JUST THE PREVIOUSLY ON…..

“Desperate because he didn’t find love after being set up with twenty-five women.”

“NOPE.”

“That’s what I don’t get, you are going to go to Finland to propose?? Go to Colorado and save money.”

*About Finland “I wouldn’t wanna go there. I hate snow. I would go to Texas.”

“Still too cold for me.”

“Spends 12 hours on a plane to freeze the whole time you are there (Finland).”

*Pauses “Look at the way he has his hands, and his face.” As you can tell, my dad isn't very fond of Nick.

(Raven’s Date with family)

(Raven comes out of car) “Ugh, poor girl.”

“She’s super sweet, that’s why I like her though.”

(Family dinner with Raven)

“Is this his family? Mk.”

“You know what sucks too, they have them say all that off camera and now to Raven” (The family members talking to Raven about her relationship with Nick.)

(Talking with Nick’s dad) “Cripes he’s practically gonna sit on her lap.”

“She talks just like the girl on Teen Mom, same exact voice.” True.

“Blah, blah, blah, blahh…”

“Jeez, the mom’s gonna freaking cry.” Pretty sure my dad would cry too when he would be put in this position to talk about me, but that's why I love him.

“That’s what’s good about her (Raven), she is very positive. So is Vanessa.”

(Chris talking about watching this season) “Painful, Chris. Painful.” This one made me laugh out loud.

(Vanessa’s Date with the family)

“All the brothers are like OOOOooo.”

“The dad is thinking ‘she is hot’.” I don't know about that.

“He ain’t movin' to Canada sister.”

“She’s too good for him.” I'll leave that open to everyone else's opinions.

“Nice view.”

“I’m looking at this like a dad. Would I allow this? Probably not.” Also, very true.

“What’d she say?” He has trouble hearing, but I do think he was mocking the show.

“Well yeah, why would she want to move from Canada? That’s her world. That’s just insane.”

*My dad yawns

(Nick talking to his family about Raven and Vanessa) “There was a reason he was rejected, mom!”

“Bout making me fall asleep. They need to speed it up.”

(Cuts to Chris Harrison and the live audience)

*Whistles “Thank god, I’ve never looked more forward to a commercial in all my life.”

(Vanessa’s date starting)

“She just seems unsure.”

*Under his breath says to himself. “Which I don’t blame her.”

“I feel like he doesn’t really like them. He’s doing this show again for the fame. I mean three seasons, the things he has gotten to do, the things he has gotten to see.”

(Riding the horses up the mountain) “Sorry, sister.”

(Santa walks out of hut) “And Saint Nick started his coat on fire and burnt down the love hut.”

(Vanessa holding the gift Saint Nick gave them) “Oh no, she threw it in the fire!”

“She’s tougher than him that’s for sure.”

“He never looks her in the eye very good. He’s a coward.”

“He sucks.” Jeez dad.

“He can’t commit to a glass of water.”

“blah, blah blah.”

(Vanessa talking about how she is confused) “I know I’m confused too. I don’t think he likes her. He’s just a confusing guy. That’s all I can say. That’s how he was on the other shows too. That’s why he’s single.”

“Yeah, he’s wishing he was with the bachelorette (Rachel).”

(Nick talking about how he wants his heart to be all in it.) “You should already know that if you are all in it if you have met the love of your life, but I don’t think he has.”

(Nick giving his speech to Vanessa about how this moment is romantic) “repeat repeat repeat repeat…..”

*Dad acts like he is sleeping while Nick is talking to Vanessa

(Chris Harrison talking)

“It’s pretty sad that they have to keep bringing the same guy back. What’s that say about the show? He did paradise didn’t he? So that’s his fourth time.”

(Raven’s Date)

(Raven planning on acting positive and leaving all her positive energy for the date) “Good idea, babe, good idea.”

“What I think he likes about her is if it wouldn’t work out with her that she would just walk away and be care free.”

“It’s almost like Vanessa is draining.”

(Raven and Nick ice skating)

(Nick almost fell on the ice) “That’s the funniest moment of the show right there. It would have been funnier if he would have fell on his butt.”

(Nick and Vanessa kissing on the ice) “If I was her dad, I would have a high-power with a laser point, and throw the bat dad out with the megaphone ‘get off my girl or I will kill you’.” Side note: my dad is obsessed with the videos of the "bat dad". If you don't know what that is, you should check it out if you want to have a good laugh. I think we enjoy the videos so much because my dad always says things in Batman's voice to mock the videos because he gets a huge kick out of them.

(Nick and Raven cuddling by fire) “Oh, isn’t that so sweet???” He said this sarcastically.

*Dad pauses show “I’m taking a break. This is hard work to watch this show.”

(Talking about Raven) “He’s too stupid to pick the obvious” My dad was Team Raven.

(Nick describing how he feels with raven) “that’s how it should be, Nicky.”

Final Rose Ceremony

“Just be happy, you are either going to be hitched or go home.”

*Dad keeps backing the show up. “Okay, I think I got the cars picked out. You know how they show them and try to trick us.”

(Nick talking about how breaking up with Raven was the worst thing he’s ever done.) “I’ve had worse feelings than that.”

(Raven gets out of car) “He’s sending her home and Vanessa’s gonna dump him.”

“I told you, he’s too stupid to pick the obvious.”

(Raven getting back in car) “Pretty smart figuring it out by paying attention to the tires. I knew who was going to get dumped when the car pulled up.”

(Vanessa walking into the rose ceremony to Nick) “I just think he looks so unhappy.”

I didn't watch the first episode with my dad, but my mom informed me that he picked Vanessa from the beginning to win and he didn't know that she was the final person left.

As you can see, my dad really gets into The Bachelor. He may or may not have liked Nick, but I guarentee he will be back to watch the next season. Something that I learned from watching the show with him is that he is usually right about each person and how they act. He is very smart when it comes to this show and about life. I think it was a good thing that I took notes while watching this last episode with him so I could learn a thing or two.

I encourage you all next season to watch the show with your dad and see how entertaining it may be.