The Adventures of Senior Week

The Adventures of Senior Week

Making a horrible situation into an amazingly great one

38
The Adventures of Senior Week
Alicia Beyer

Imagine yourself on the beach right now. Laying on a towel in the warm sand, the sun beating on your body and just the slightest breeze. Close your eyes and smell the sea salt water that's just feet away from you.

Good vibes right?!

Being on the beach was just one of the many amazing events during senior week.

Monday:

Finally it was time! I was so excited! Allie and Lauren were on their way to pick me up so we could make our way to Wildwood, NJ for senior week! We had been anticipating this "right of passage" for so long and it was here at last.

Little did we know that it would be one of the most eventful vacations ever.

After a long, music-filled car ride we finally got to the beach house. It didn't seem to be what we thought it was going to be. It was very small, and only had two beds and a pull out couch. There wasn't even any room to put an air mattress on the ground! Needless to say, it wasn't going to fit the eleven of us that were expected to stay there.

Quickly we coined the name "shit shack" for the rental house and went to get some food.

The three of us did not want to stay in the house, especially with the men that were in the house in front of us. Walking back to the house at like twelve in the morning did not feel safe for the three of us. So Allie decided to call Jacob, a boy from a friend group that we hung out with on Halloween. Jacob told us to go to their hotel room where he and his friends Zach, Alex, JP, and Josh were there.

After telling them what happened, they insisted on seeing just how awful the shit shack was. So we all squeezed into Zach's car and drove over. When we pulled up there was an undercover cop who we assumed was watching the house in front of ours. Quickly we ran into the house and grabbed all of our stuff and went to Allies car so we could meet up with the boys at the hotel again. We planned to stay with the guys for a night until we figured things out.

Later on, we went on the beach for a few pictures and walk the boards. It was a low key kind of afternoon.

Despite it only being about 10 PM by the time we got back to the hotel, Lauren and Allie were tired. They knew they weren't going to sleep if we stayed the night in the boys' room, so Allie took the initiative and got us a hotel room in the same hotel for three nights.

That's when we met the glorious 208.

208 was the biggest hotel room at the hotel. It was a total 180 from the house we planned to stay at because we all had our own bed! After moving our stuff from the guy's room to room 208, it officially became the party room when we finally put on some good music and the guys came down to our room. We just chilled and played games all night.

To sum up the rest of night one: Zach, JP and I definitely had the most fun while Alex and Lauren played mom and dad.

At 1 AM, I was in need of some fresh air, so Zach and I went for a walk. We just walked the streets of Wildwood and talked, it was especially nice because when I first met Zach on Halloween I didn't have the best impression of him, but my perspective on him definitely changed that night.

We decided to head back when Alex called Zach to see where we were, and then we all just settled in for the night.

Tuesday:

Once morning hit, Lauren, Allie, and I tried to wake up the boys so we could go to breakfast, but they were fast asleep.

After breakfast, we stopped at Rite Aid to pick up food for the beach, and Lauren, who was still playing mom, made everyone a sandwich. The boys met us on the beach and we tanned, listened to music, took pictures, and played football. It was one of the most fun and relaxing days.

After the beach we went back to the hotel so we could shower and get ready for the boardwalk, despite the dark and gloomy conditions. We still managed to walk the whole length before the rain and lightning sent us back to room 208. Eventually the power went out and we still managed to make the most of it. We ordered sushi and Chinese food and watched a movie off Alex's laptop. I also walked to Mack's pizza and got us a pizza later on. When I got back to the room the power was still off, so we got sent to another hotel that had power.

Wednesday:

After checking out of 103 we had to go back to 208 to clean up the mess that was left from the storm when no one could see. It was our last morning in our amazing room so we repacked and we were getting sent to room 211 in the same hotel.

We had another beach day, but this time instead of all of squad it was us girls, Zach, Jacob and our new friend Bongdan, or as I like to call him, Bongo. After a couple hours of being at the beach we went up to the rides on the boardwalk.

To sum up the amusement rides: Allie basically killed my hand because she is terrified of heights, it was my first time in a Ferris wheel, when I went onto a ride with just the guys, Bongo nearly killed me by laying his arm over my neck, Zach got motion sickness and threw up. All in all, it was so much fun (not the almost dying part and Zach throwing up.)

I joined bongo in the hot tub while he ate a hot pocket later after hanging in the rooms. Everyone was making faces from the outside of the guys hotel room at bongo and I. On Zach's way to join us he saw his dream car.

Later we had a nice dinner at a place called the Wharf. Allie drove Lauren and I there and Zach drove Jacob and Alex over. Once we all got there we asked where Bongo went and they told us he hopped out of the car. It was pretty weird and unexpected but we just rolled with it. Anyway, we ate at this beautiful place on the bay and the sky looked so beautiful. I had amazing fries that I shared with Alex. Everyone was making fun of me for snorting when I laughed and then dinner turned into Spongebob impressions. It was so much fun.

As our last night in Wildwood drew to a close, we all stayed up for a little while talking. We stayed up until practically 3:30am and we just had one big deep conversation. It was actually really nice. I liked Alex that entire trip and even on Halloween, but it was nice to see who Zach really was because he was a lot nicer than I thought. We all went to sleep soon so we could be up to watch the sunrise over the beach.

Thursday:

Zach and Bongo came to our room and woke us up and I was the only one who went to watch the sunrise with them. I was only running on an hours worth of sleep but I wanted to see it anyway. Zach and bongo wrote "God bless America" in the sand as it came up and I decided to go back and get some sleep.

I woke up about twenty minutes before we had to check out. We were all sad that it was our last day. After buying really cool senior shirts, we played the most dysfunctional round of mini golf ever, had "squad brunch" and then Allie, Lauren, and I left.

Even though senior week was one of the best times of my life it was also a learning experience:

You can make the most out of any situation. Just because it's raining or your original plans don't work out doesn't mean things won't get better. Just don't ever give up and look for a solution..

Look for possibilities in life. Whether it's meeting someone new who seems impossible to get along with, just forming better friendships with people or trying new things always go for it.

Live without regrets. I know I would have regret if I left or slept through the sunrise. Allie has said she wishes she had gotten up. Make sure to always ask yourself if its worth missing out on something.