9 Stages Of Winter Everyone Experiences

9 Stages Of Winter Everyone Experiences

Whether you hate or love winter, here are the 9 different stages you experience.

398
9 Stages Of Winter Everyone Experiences
Lisa Baumert

We're nearing the end of winter and with it comes the final stages of winter. For some, the final stage involves feeling sad when the last snow of the season melts while for others it's the joy of being able to finally leave the house without a coat on. I, along with several other people, go through many stages of both appreciating and hating winter. Because of the deep polarity between winter lovers and winter haters, I've decided to discuss the two different reactions to the stages of winter.

1. The first snowfall.

Snow lovers:

This just might be the happiest day of the year for you. Winter has finally arrived! Your skis are ready, you have all your hats and mittens on, and you're ready for a season full of joyous winter activities.

Snow haters:

For you, this is possibly your least favorite day of the year. The day that you have to slowly start putting away all your cute summer clothes. The day when you can no longer get cold drinks at your local coffee shop. The day that you realize you have a long time until you can wear a T-shirt outside again.

2. The melting of the first snowfall.

Snow lovers:

The happiness of the first snowfall has melted away all too quickly. There isn't anything you want more than to be able to chuck a snowball at your winter-hating friends, but it sadly melted away too soon.

Snow haters:

It's the last glimpse of happiness and warmth. You can only wear your favorite fall outfit one last time. It's the last time to take in all the warmth and save it bottled inside in order to get through the upcoming frigid winter months.

3. The first snowfall that sticks.

Snow lovers:

YES! OH MY, I HAVE NEVER BEEN SO HAPPY! This is the best day of my life, I love life. I can't wait to drink hot cocoa, go ice skating, skiing, ice fishing, snow tubing...

Snow haters:

How could this be! What has my life turned into? This isn't fair. I mean, it isn't too terrible, at least it puts me in the holiday spirit. Maybe I should just move to somewhere warmer. This is getting ridiculous.

4. When the snow stays after the first of the year.

Snow lovers:

Snowboarding, building snowmen and having snowball fights are necessities. Eating warm soup, baking cookies, going snowshoeing along with sledding, and so many more things! I've already had so much fun. I never want this to end!

Snow haters:

Okay, so it was semi-pleasant for a while but now the snow piles are taller than I am. The number of people that don't know how to drive has exponentially grown, my skin is as dry as can be and I'm pretty sure that my face has windburn. I no longer want this, not even a little bit.

5. The coldest and snowiest part of the season.

Snow lovers:

Well, this is the best thing to happen yet. I love the winter! The snow makes me so happy. This is such a winter wonderland. I have never seen anything more beautiful.

Snow haters:

NOPE. That is it I am done, I can't do this anymore. How do people like this? I'm hibernating for the rest of the season.

6. Valentine's Day.

Snow lovers:

Oh my gosh, it's so romantic. The snow is falling, the wind is blowing, and it's Valentine's Day. I couldn't be happier. Unless there was, EVEN MORE SNOW!

Snow haters:

Love is in the air and so is more snow. STOP ALREADY. I can't even dress nicely because the snow will just ruin it. I'll do anything to make the pain go away.

7. The first snow melt.

Snow lovers:

No! This can't happen. Why me. The universe must be against me. Winter come back! I can't stand the blistering heat of summer.

Snow haters:

Finally. I can feel spring coming. HALLELUJAH!

8. The snowfall after the first melt.

Snow lovers:

NO! Snow is supposed to stay for forever. Don't do this to me! I just want to make one more snow angel.

Snow haters:

I thought it was spring and now what is this? More winter? Uh no, this isn't okay. Ashton Kutcher you can come out now.

9. The final snow melt.

Snow lovers:

All your happiness has melted away, not even leaving a snowflake behind. The countdown to the next winter has already started. Summer is coming and you couldn't be any sadder.

Snow haters:

YES, you survived! Winter is finally over. You can stop lugging your jacket around, you can put away those hats and mittens. You no longer have to ask yourself if you are going to survive the walk from Target to the car. Nothing can ruin your happiness now. SPRING has blossomed.