The 7 Types Of Shoes Everyone Should Own

Certain shoes are necessary for life, here are the seven I think are the most necessary.

771

Throughout a persons life they have many things they must decide and one of the most important, in my opinion are the shoes. Shoes are an essential part of life and can make or break a person. Let me ask you this when you first look at someone and look top to bottom whats the last thing you see? THE SHOES! In my opinion the shoes you wear can make or break a friendship (at least with me).

So with that being said here are the shoes I think everyone should have and why I think that.

1. Basic Sneakers

Everyone needs a good pair of neutral colored running shoes. Whether they are used for running or not is besides the point. They complete most casual outfits. However if you do decide to wear them for events other than working out at the gym or doing some other form of exercise they better be in good condition.

2. Toms

Now I know what you are thinking, “Why do we need that specific shoe brand?” Well the short answer is that they are the most comfortable and easiest shoes to wear. They aren't too expensive either which is why they are on my short list of shoes I think everyone should have. Not to mention Toms are extremely gender neutral and can be worn by anyone. They are shoes that can be worn and look fancy in or be worn with a casual jeans and a t-shirt combo.

3. Dress Shoes

Everyone needs a pair of dress shoes. Whether they are classic dress shoes or high heels or something similar, everyone needs at least one pair whether you like it or not. My personal collection contains a variety of colors from classic black(which I recommend if you choose to have only one pair it be this color), to a royal blue, to my favorite brown pair that if I could wear everyday to everything I would. Often times dress shoes should be worn when doing just that, dressing up. However nice shoes can be used to make a casual jeans and sweater outfit something very very professional and fancy looking.

4. Converse

Converse have to be some of the most comfortable sneakers that exist. Granted they aren't the best for all occasions due to the fact that they are cloth and can easily get wet, but they do provide a comfortable shoe for day to day tasks. Occasionally, if in good enough of a condition and with the right but of pants or type of dress, Converse (whether high top or not) can be appropriate to wear in place as dress shoes. However that is only in extreme cases.

5. Flip-Flops/Sandals

Although I am a firm believer that flip-flops should only be worn on beaches or in communal showers, if they are nice enough they may be permitted outside of those two areas. Sandals are a different story. Sandals are the much prettier cousins to flip-flops and can often times be worn from day to day and to semi-nice events. I should also clarify that when I say sandals I do not mean the ones old moms and dads wear (you know which ones I’m talking about). Just be smart when shopping, if you think your parents or grandparents would wear them don't buy them!

6. Moccasins

(Some of the images aren't mine due to the fact that I am traveling abroad and was not able to bring all of my favorite types of shoes.)

Moccasins are comfortable shoes and everyone should have at least one pair. However do not wear them outside in wet or snowy weather because they will wear down more quickly that way. That is why moccasins are the perfect indoor shoes especially in the winter because most are lined with faux fur to keep your toes nice and toasty.

7. Boots

Everyone needs a good pair of boots to wear in all types of weather. My suggestion, and my personal favorite, are combat boots. They are generally made thick and can keep out the cold and wetness that you would be wearing them in. Not to mention, depending on the material they are made of, they are extremely easy to clean.

What you need yo remember about shoes is that they are the part of your outfit that you can go a tad bit crazy with but still look put together. I am someone who loves shoes and loves to experiment with the colors of the shoes I wear. Pushing the limit is the best thing you can do when it comes to fashion. Half of the trends we have today wouldn't have happened if someone hadn't been brave enough to push the limits!

So push the limits!

Think outside the shoe box!

Always remember if you think your shoes are too boring spice them up with some funky socks!