The 5 New Travel Destinations You Don't Even Know Exist

Safe travels my friends!

7086

It has bitten all of us at least once, the travel bug. Over the past couple of months, I have found myself considering new places to visit whether they be in the states or overseas. There are so many places in our backyard, but it's the exotic places that will always win your heart over. You always say, "One day, I will visit X, Y, and Z," so why not make things happen!

Lofoten Islands, Norway

Source: https://pixabay.com/en/henningsvaer-lofoten-norway-port-1171400/

It lies within the Arctic Circle and is home to the largest deep water coral reef. It is also home to all different kinds of wildlife such as moose, puffins, otters, and many cute furry creatures. Its dramatic cliffs make for great hiking excursions, the greenery makes for beautiful scenery, and the colorful buildings lining the waterways will make for great pictures. There isn't a more picturesque place you could want to visit. Plus, the small town feels like home, and the moment you leave, you will wish you were back in the small-town riding in a boat down one of the many waterways.

Rangiroa, French Polynesia

Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:DSC00149_French_Polyn%C3%A9sia_Rangiroa_Kia_Ora_Pier_Blue_Lagon_(8272514236).jpg

Not only is the weather nice here, but the water and sea creatures are like nothing else you have ever seen before. Have you ever wanted to see sea turtles or sharks? This is the place. You can enjoy great food with great views; you might even be lucky enough to find a black pearl in your oysters. This beautiful lagoon will give you an experience like you have never had before, so what do you say? Book your trip now.

Namaqualand, Namibia, South Africa

Source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/mmmavocado/3837932214

This best-kept secret is five hours north of Cape Town, and each spring it blooms into one of the prettiest fields of flowers. Its 169,885 square miles have been known to inspire many different artists, so it is the perfect time for you to write that short story, try your hand at painting, learn to capture a great picture and so many other things. With covering so much land, you are bound to find the place that fits you just right. The only disclaimer, you have to make sure you go at the right time to catch the bloom because it only happens for a short amount of time a year.

Tianzi Mountain Reserve Wulingyuan, China

Source: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:1_tianzishan_wulingyuan_zhangjiajie_2012.jpg

Now everybody knows about the Great Wall of China, but I guarantee that you have never heard of this place. This reserve consists of hundreds of peaks that reach about 4,140 feet above sea level. What's so great about these you may ask; you can go during any season, or all four seasons and see something spectacular and different each time- the Sea of Clouds, the Radiance of Moonlight, Rays of Sunshine, and the Snow of Winter. The best times to travel here are during the months of April, May, September, and October so make sure you plan your trip accordingly.

Chiloe, Chile

Source: https://www.flickr.com/photos/pitzyper/2364351796

This island is the second largest islands in Chile. You may have never heard of it, but you know who did know about it- Charles Darwin. The father of the theory of evolution that we all know studied this island at one point in time. In fact, if you were to go there right now, you would see much of what he saw back in the day due to the lack of colonization. It is home to penguins, dolphins, whales, sea lions and otters. Also, unlike the mainland of Chile, it has a cooler climate and fresh ocean breeze unlike some of the other attractions in the rest of the country. With the small-town feel, and incredible views, what isn't to love about this place?

When visiting these or other remote destinations, you should know a couple of things first. Pay attention to the time of year so you can pack accordingly, learn the language and about the culture - or at least the basics, there is nothing worse than going into another culture and knowing nothing about it - , and most of all, make sure you have access to money. In the remote towns of small countries and even cities, they may not take our precious form of payment, plastic. Being stranded somewhere you aren't familiar with is never fun, especially when you're unable to use your card. If you've never had to deal with sending or receiving cash internationally, Western Union is a great place to start. Their mobile app provides many different options for both the sender and receiver, allows you to quickly send money, and you can pick up cash within minutes at Western Union locations across the world. Having sent money a time or two with Western Union, I know firsthand how the app makes everything so much simpler and user-friendly.

One day, I do hope to visit these places. They may not be a part of the Seven Wonders of the World, but they are magnificent. You owe it to yourself to visit these places, enjoy somewhere you never would before or have never heard of. The remote towns, high elevations, and depths of the ocean all deserve to be seen by you and most of all; you deserve to see them.

Safe travels my friends!