The 4 Unique Best Friends You've Made By Senior Year

My senior year would be nothing without these friends. I wouldn't trade this group for the world!

268
Lexi McCarthy

I'm not usually someone who says "everything happens for a reason." But I believe that relationships do. There has to be a reason that people enter and exit your life at specific times.

I have found that all of my friendships have grown in the seasons of life that I needed them to. And senior year is the time to latch on to who's important.

Four of the most important people to me are the girls who are going through this last year of high school with me. Each of them brings something so special to my life. Here are the four different types of best friends that I am so lucky to have.

1. The one who has always been there.

This is a friend who I've known for a while. She's changed in so many ways, but the way she exemplifies true friendship has never changed. I've had her as a friend for many years, and I am so happy to say that we've grown closer every year. And having her as a best friend for my senior year has made me realize just how thankful I am for her.

2. The one who makes life 1,000 percent more interesting.

This is a friend who always has us laughing. She's full of crazy stories and loves to share them. Something that I don't think she knows is how much I'm going to miss her in college. Her personality and willingness to have fun are things that I value so much in her. And having her as a best friend for my senior year has made it impossible to have a dull moment.

3. The one who can get you through anything.

This is a friend who is capable of being the life of the party while also being a shoulder to cry on. She holds me accountable while also letting me feel accepted. She is someone who I always want to be around, no matter the situation. And having her as a best friend for my senior year has been such a huge blessing.

4. The one who was completely unexpected.

Like I said before, senior year is the time to latch on to who's important. That is why I did not expect any new friendships, let alone new best friends. But I also said before that I believe people come into your life when you need them, which is why I think this friend and I have become close.

I couldn't imagine spending this year without her in my life. I am so grateful to be able to say that so many of the memories that I'll remember about this year are times that I have spent with her. And having her as a best friend for my senior year has taught me that it is never too late for someone to become important to you.