The 3 Must Watch Episodes From Each Season of Law & Order: SVU

After 21 seasons on the air, it might be hard to keep up with almost 500 episodes of Law & Order: SVU. Here, we have the three must watch episodes from each of the 21 seasons of Law & Order: SVU.

664

Every season of SVU has brought new cases and unique stories. If you were to watch the three best episodes from each season of SVU, here is the list for you! Note: some episodes might contain another part not included on this list.

Season 1

1x01- "Payback": Stabler and Benson investigate the murder and castration of a New York cab driver. They discover that the victim had assumed the identity of another man because he himself was wanted by police.

1x14- "Limitations": At a victim's request, the police commissioner tries to convince Cragen to close a rape case whose statute of limitations is about to expire. Benson and Stabler finally realize that one of the victims knows the rapist, but she's not willing to talk.

1x21- "Nocturne": The trial of an accused child molester is jeopardized when the prime witness has difficulty dealing with his past.

Season 2

2x05- "Baby Killer": The tragic shooting death of a young girl leads investigators to a little boy. They soon realize that the gun used has been used in another crime scene.

2x09- "Pixies": When an unidentified sixteen-year-old girl is found dead with signs of sexual assault, bruises, healed fractures, and hard callouses on her hands, but wearing expensive jewelry and running shoes, SVU detectives suspect long-term abuse on many levels.

2x18- "Manhunt": Detectives Munch and Tutuola become increasingly frustrated as they follow a brutal pair of kidnappers who rape and murder their victims; and even when they get their men, they end up in a legal dispute with the Canadian authorities.

Season 3

3x02- "Wrath": Three people are found murdered, all unconnected to each other, except to that of cases that Detective Benson has investigated.

3x10- "Ridicule": When a young wife is found dead after what appears to have been an auto-erotic encounter, Detectives Benson and Stabler find out that the deceased and a group of her girlfriends had recently been accused of raping a male stripper.

3x21- "Denial": A woman is raped at a party and the attacker is quickly caught but the detectives must still determine why the victim was carrying a finger from a long dead infant.

Season 4

4x01- "Chameleon": Benson and Stabler investigate the death of a prostitute but then find their main suspect has in turn been killed.

4x11- "Damaged": A six-year-old girl critically injured in an apparent robbery gone bad tests positive for a sexually transmitted disease, putting the detectives on the trail of the family and then the store clerk, who is also the son of a prominent attorney and had appeared to foil the crime.

4x20- "Dominance": A quadruple homicide with sexual overtones is just the start of an intense rampage of killings that brings a homicide detective into the mix.

Season 5

5x04- "Loss": Investigating the brutal rape and murder of an undercover federal agent and forced to use discretion in order to protect the identities of those agents in the field, the detectives arrest a suspect highly connected with a Colombian drug cartel.

5x11- "Escape": Investigating the brutal rape and murder of an undercover federal agent and forced to use discretion in order to protect the identities of those agents in the field, the detectives arrest a suspect highly connected with a Colombian drug cartel.

5x17- "Mean": When a schoolgirl's body is found in the trunk of a car, Stabler and Benson find themselves investigating allegations of bullying among her classmates.

Season 6

6x04- "Scavenger": The entire SVU squad races against the clock to solve the puzzles and uncover clues scattered throughout NYC by a serial killer who is taunting them to find him and the next victims on his list.

6x10- "Haunted": Fin is reunited with his son as he risks his life to save two small children, one caught in the middle of a bodega robbery and the other from the junkie who set the child's mother up for murder and then stole him to use as a front in her scheme to boost materials for her meth lab.

6x18- "Pure": After an 18-year-old girl is kidnapped, psychic Sebastian Ballentine comes forward claiming to have information on the killings.

Season 7

7x01- "Demons": Det. Stabler goes undercover to determine if a recent parolee is reverting to his rapist urges.

7x03- "911": A little girl calls for help, claiming she's being held hostage, but the team has to keep her on the line to track her down.

7x19- "Fault": A serial paedophile murders members of a family and kidnaps the two younger children.

Season 8

8x06- "Infiltrated": The environmental group Olivia is infiltrating for the FBI is accused of murdering the CEO of a pharmaceutical company.

8x19- "Florida": Benson hears from her half-brother, who is on the run because of sexual assault charges.

8x22- "Screwed": Fin's nephew, Darius, goes to trial and seems determined to take the unit down with him.

Season 9

9x01- "Alternate": A woman's child is missing, but her multiple personalities make finding out what happened to the child more difficult.

9x15- "Undercover": When a teenage girl says a corrections officer raped her and has also been threatening her mother in prison, Benson risks her own safety to go deep undercover and investigate.

9x17- "Authority": A man accused of impersonating a police officer over a telephone and telling a fast food manager to sexually assault an employee is found not guilty, and as a result becomes a vocal crusader telling other people to defy authority figures.

Season 10

10x03- "Swing": Stabler is forced to confront his mother and the ghosts of his childhood when he learns that his daughter is in trouble with the law and in desperate need of psychiatric attention.

10x07- "Wildlife": Stabler is shot while working undercover investigating a violent animal smuggling ring believed to be connected to a young woman's murder.

10x22- "Zebras": CSU Stuckey's careless error causes a deranged killer to go free on a technicality. Later, more signature killings emerge, and more people connected to the case may be targeted.

Season 11

11x09- "Perverted": Detective Benson claims that she is being framed for the brutal murder and mutilation of a biker, but how can she explain away the discovery of her DNA on the murder weapon?

11x12- "Shadow": Benson and Stabler work with a Special Frauds Unit detective who believes that an heiress murdered her parents and could be a sociopath.

11x17- "Disabled": The team tries to persuade a disabled woman who cannot speak confront and identify her rapist in court, while also protecting her from her angry, abusive sister.

Season 12

12x03- "Behave": A rape victim claims that she has been raped 4 times and harassed across the country by the same man, and the investigation reveals that she may not be his only victim.

12x23- "Delinquent": After a teenage predator falsely accuses Stabler of sexual assault, Stabler goes on a personal mission to catch him in the act, leading to a shocking discovery about his troubled past.

12x24- "Smoked": A rape victim is killed right before the trial of her accused rapist, a celebrity hair stylist, begins. However, prosecuting the suspected killer is difficult because he is working as a federal informant.

Season 13

13x09- "Lost Traveler": The child of a Romani couple in Brooklyn disappears on his way home from school, but the neighborhood's rom-baro may be interfering with SVU's investigation.

13x10- "Spiraling Down": A retired pro quarterback is busted for having sex with a 14-year-old prostitute, but he may be suffering from diminished capacity because of all the concussions he had on the field.

13x23- "Rhodium Nights": The murder of a prostitute at a bachelor party sends SVU on a dangerous investigation that could lead all the way into the highest reaches of New York power and influence.

Season 14

14x09- "Dreams Deferred": The SVU needs the help of an abused, over the hill prostitute to catch one of her Johns who is on a killing spree, but can they also help her get out of her chosen life, and save her family?

14x13- "Monster's Legacy": Benson and attorney Bayard Ellis help a death row inmate in Ohio whose history as a sex abuse victim may have been ignored by his defense attorney.

14x19- "Born Psychopath": The detectives deal with a 10-year-old boy who is displaying extreme psychopathic behavior.

Season 15

15x01- "Surrender Benson": Serial rapist and killer William Lewis abducts Olivia in her home, tortures her, and hides her away in a Long Island beach home.

15x07- "Dissonant Voices": A voice coach for a popular contestant on a television singing competition contestant is accused of sexual assault by two young boys at the school where he teaches.

15x17- "Gambler's Fallacy": Rollins makes a deal with the managers of a gambling club to protect her job, arousing the suspicions of Benson and Tutuola.

Season 16

16x01- "Girls Disappeared": Benson struggles to balance work and her new role of foster mother and when Amaro arrests a young prostitute with connections to Noah's mother, his undercover work sets off a dangerous chain of events.

16x15- "Undercover Mother": SVU helps a desperate mother who went undercover as a madam to find her daughter, who was kidnapped by sex slave traffickers.

16x23- "Surrendering Noah": Sgt. Benson and ADA Barba take Johnny D to trial for sex trafficking, rape, assault and kidnapping. But when Baby Noah's adoption becomes entangled in the case, Benson fears for Noah's future and his safety.

Season 17

17x11- "Townhouse Incident": Benson winds up stuck in the middle of a hostage situation after her babysitter tells her that something suspicious is happening at the home of another family she works for.

17x17- "Manhattan Transfer": While SVU investigates a pair of vice cops found in the middle of an underage prostitution sting involving high-ranking public officials, the team discovers that a priest may be involved in a high school sex trafficking ring.

17x23- "Heartfelt Passages": The case against corrections officer Gary Munson continues, Barba continues to receive death threats, and Dodds winds up in a hostage situation with the accused in Munson's home.

Season 18

18x17- "Real Fake News": A congressman asks SVU for help when he's accused of soliciting underage girls, but the investigation uncovers a sex trafficking ring.

18x20- "American Dream": The daughter of a Muslim family is killed in a hate crime against them; Barba is forced to drop charges against a suspect when a witness is deported; tensions rise between communities on both sides of the case.

18x21- "Sanctuary": Benson and Barba are caught between two families seeking justice for their loved ones in a hate crime; Benson takes desperate measures to make an arrest as public protests turn violent.

Season 19

19x13- "The Undiscovered Country": When an infant goes missing, detectives take sides in the family's right-to-die court case. Meanwhile, Barba's interference in the case puts the whole DA's office in jeopardy.

19x17- "Send In The Clowns": The cops search for a masked man when a student vanishes during a field trip to New York City.

19x20- "The Book of Esther": Rollins races to rescue a girl being held captive by her father.

Season 20

20x10- "Alta Kockers": The investigation into a promising new author's death leads to a decades-old secret kept between two reclusive brothers.

20x15- "Brothel": Benson and the team investigate the death of a prostitute at a brothel. They wonder if there was foul play or if this could be a case of a junkie who relapsed, turned to tricking, got depressed and committed suicide.

20x17- "Missing": The SVU squad pursues a suspect after a child is found in the trunk of an abandoned car.

Season 21

21x06- "Murdered At A Bad Address": The case of a teenage girl assaulted in the projects leads to a startling discovery; Benson puts her trust in someone from her past.

21x12- "The Longest Night of Rain": Benson investigates a police officer's accusations of sexual assault. Captain Tucker's retirement party ends in tragedy.

21x16- "Eternal Relief From Pain": Rollins' sister stirs up trouble and a possible SVU investigation when she reports a doctor who trades prescription painkillers for sex.