The 20 Stages Of Applying For A Job, As Told By Chandler Bing

Could this BE any more difficult?

177
media2.hw-static.com

Applying for any job or internship is very stressful. From researching jobs and companies, trying to find connections, trying to bolster up your confidence, and waiting by the phone like a girl after your first date. If anyone can understand that kind of pain and desperation, it's Chandler from "Friends."

Here are the 20 stages of applying for a job.

1. Looking for the right jobs.

2. Realizing that anything that pays is "the right job."

3. Rewriting your resume a million times to fit each and every requirement.

4. Spending ten hours writing one cover letter, while knowing that they'll probably spend ten seconds reading it.

5. Researching the company, its employees, and their work and feeling like a complete stalker.

7. Being so nervous your fingers shake as you try to hit "send" on your application.

8. Not hearing back within a week.

9. Not hearing back within a month.

10. Emailing all of your connections and all your friends to see if they have any connections.

11. Wanting to vomit if you hear the word "networking" one more time.

12. Applying to as many jobs as you can get your hands on and still not hearing back from anyone.

13. Finally hearing back, but then realizing it's only a rejection letter.

14. Total hopelessness.

15. Finally, finally getting an interview at the last moment.

16. Preparing your ass off.

18. But nailing it!

19. Getting the job offer.

20. You knew you had it in the bag.