The 14 Experiences You Face When Going To The Dentist

It really is a journey of it's own.

172

Going to the dentist is filled with various emotions and thoughts. Whether going to the dentist is an absolute breeze for you or one of your biggest nightmares, you're bound to experience every one of these steps throughout your appointment.

1. The drive there is casual and you're not worried.

You don't really stress the appointment on the drive there. It's kind of like you're in denial that you're actually going to the dentist. Or for some, it's just another simple part of their day.

2. You pull in and immediately develop a nervous knot in your stomach.

You arrive to remember what you just got yourself into. You remember the irritating drills you will hear and start trying to remember any type of pain you've felt in your mouth. You may also start to remember those times you started slacking on the 'brush twice a day' or 'make sure to floss' rules.

3. They call your name and you feel like the *unfortunate* chosen one.

Oh crap. It's time to go in. You could run out and make an embarrassment of yourself, but it's much more adult to just go in and accept your fate.

4. You sit in the chair and it's all eyes on your pearly whites.

Honestly, this is the most awkward part. You sit and you just kind of let things happen. There's also those super awkward beginning conversations where you ask you about the same little details that they ask you every time you come.

5. You're given some stylish specks to rock throughout the appointment.

You can't get blinded by the light that they're going to use, so they give you some sunnies to block out the haters... i mean the dentists.

6. They begin looking at your teeth and you pray to God that there's no cavities.

As they examine your teeth, you hear them say, "let's keep an eye on number four," and you're instantly like "No, no, no, noooooo, please tell me it's not a cavity."

7. Your dentist asks you questions knowing darn well that your response is going to be an unrecognizable moan.

Oh, my favorite.

"So, you from around here?"

"Ermmm hmmm."

"What do you study at school?"

"hmmm ahhhh oooo lerrr derrr.'

8. You hear the drills and decide to take a mental vacation to your happy place.

Just go to the beach. You don't hear anything.

9. You hold your breath trying your hardest not to gag.

Just breathe out your nose. I'm telling you, it works.

10. You focusing so hard on not gagging makes you gag.

You forget to breathe out of your nose and then it all goes down from there.

11. They start flossing and you realize you're almost done.

Oh, yes. You're almost done and you'll soon be able to escape the awkwardness.

12. You receive your certificate of completion, aka your dental goodie bag.

This is the absolute best part of the appointment. You get a cute little gift just for your teeth.

13. You schedule your next appointment.

And again, you're sitting there dreading the next time you have to come in.

14. You hightail it out of there until next time.

Once you're done, you get out so fast and don't look back.

But once you make it out, you're free! Then you won't have to experience these again until your next appointment comes around.