The 12 Sounds of Christmas

The 12 Sounds of Christmas

57
The 12 Sounds of Christmas
102.5 Vlog

1. The sound of young voices singing cherished Christmas songs.

Come Christmas time carolers are abundant. They gather together holding Christmas candles and jingle bells and travel from door to door greeting people with joyous songs. In particular we have a children’s choir at my church who always sing Silent Night at the end with candles. Their candles are the only light in the church and as they sing Silent Night in German, there is not a dry eye in the room.

2. The oven timer going off as the family Chistmas cookie baking is done.

A family tradition my family does every holidays season is bake sugar cut out cookies all together. It is great bonding time to make these yummy treats from scratch and decorate them.

3. The whispering of the candle’s flame.

A flickering flame dancing’s in the darkness. For centuries this has been a symbol of hope. It is so inviting; like the arms of the one who comes every Christmas. Look into the flame and pounder for a few moments this season to reflect on how that small candle can fill the darkness with such light.

4. The animated voices of those re-telling the Christmas story.

Whether it is Twas the Night Before Christmas or the classic story of Jesus’s birth, the room is silent as the story teller recounts this story with wonder-filled voices. It makes the children stop and listen and creates a sense of magic throughout the room.

5. The smiles exchanged as families come together.

The holiday season could be depressing for some people as they ae reminded of their loved ones who are no longer here. The warm cheer of spending time with family is contagious. It could come from a family member, friend or a stranger and give those who need it a smile this season.

6. The crinkling of wrapping paper being discarded as presents are distributed.

It is the thought that counts. This may sound cliché but the act of receive and giving presents is more about the act of love that is associated with the gift. People care enough about a person to think of them. The wrapping paper symbolizes the barriers that can be thrown away once love seeps in.

7. The organ and bells playing at the Christmas Eve church service.

The sound of these majestic instruments offer an insight into the beauty that shrouds the Christmas story. It reminds us of the grace and divinity of this day. It is in the simple sweet sounds we find the meaning of the child’s birth.

8. The chattering of children as they eagerly gather by the tree.

Patience is not an easy virtue for children. The excitement of presents under the tree and holiday feasts leave the houses with energetic proclaims.

9. The stars as they twinkle up above.

They may no longer act as the GPS system for travelers, yet the star still acts as a guide for those who have lost hope.

10. The cracking of the welcoming fire.

Nothing beats a well stroked fire with its blue and gold color, and the crackle of the logs. In the old winter seasons, a fire provides warmth and comfort for families to gather around. It serves as the cornerstone for hours of festivities.

11. The laughter of the stories shared amongst family.

If your family is anything like mine, they tend to laugh a lot at each other and at reminiscing memories that occurs during the holidays. Now that we are older, there are fewer family occasions were we can all gather together.

12. The mummers of the snow quietly falling.

Living up north means that having a white Christmas is a reality. The peaceful snowflakes adds to the festive decorations.