The 12 Life Happenings of College Move - in Day

It really is as stressful as can be

10
Alex Feehan

Move-in day can be a very stressful day, especially if you have a small car or you go to a school that’s far away. You have to fit everything into the car and absolutely make sure you don’t forget anything. Here are the things that almost everybody experiences the day they move-in to college. Stress and all!

1. Wake up at 5am

You’re tired, you got barely any sleep stressing about everything fitting in the car and about getting everything ready to start college with.

2. Finish getting the car packed

You had gotten the car packed the night before but you look around your room and you realize you forgot some things. You have a moment of panic because how the heck are you going to fit everything?!

3. It’s now 6:30 and you’re in the car

You buckle up for the long ride ahead of you and you can barely move your legs (or any part of your body for that matter)! You realize you can’t feel your legs but that’s ok as long as you can fit all your stuff!

4. Finally, you’ve arrived

It has been hours since you got in the car and you finally made it to school, now comes the hard part, unloading everything. First, you can’t forget about getting your key, of course you haven’t seen your dorm yet so the anticipation is killing you! (You’re pretty much thinking “will I be able to fit everything?”)

5. You find that your friends are all there waiting for you

If you’re lucky, you have amazing friends who help you bring all of your stuff up to your new dorm and you find that yes everything does fit and you actually have a more spacious room than you thought.

6. You start to get overwhelmed

You see all of the things that have been thrown to your side of the room and you start to internally freak out about where everything is going to go and how the heck you are going to unpack everything.

7. The dreadful goodbye

Now it’s time to say goodbye to your parents, it may not be your Freshman year but the teary goodbye is always the same. You walk them to the car and your mom almost starts crying, you hug goodbye and you watch them leave, knowing you only have to wait another month until you get to see them.

8. Back up to the dorm

You head back up to your room and your friends are still there waiting for you. You take a look at your room and feel that overwhelmed feeling again and want to do anything but unpack.

9. You realize you haven’t eaten all day

You suddenly realize you’ve been up since 5, it is now noon and you have eaten nothing. You take a look at your room, take a look at your friends and decide to just unpack later and go eat lunch now.

10. It’s really time to unpack now

You’ve procrastinated enough, you realize you have to unpack, it may take you a couple of hours (or days) to get the room how you like it, but it’s worth it since you will live in it all year.

11. But as you’re unpacking

You realize you forgot so many things at home, you knew you would forget things! Looks like you’re definitely going to need a trip to Target.

12. You’re actually finished

You never thought it would happen, but besides those few things you forgot, you have finished unpacking. You have decorated, and found places for (almost) everything, the stress is over for now and you are finally ready for the year to begin.