The 11 Struggles Of A Part-Time Job That Everyone Faces

"Sorry I can't come, I have work."

106
Thought Catalog

Almost everyone experiences the difficulties of a part-time job at least once in their lives, and the majority of high school and college students can agree. Working crazy long shifts just to make the most out of your minimum wage can be tiring (try working a 12-hour shift), but there is no better way to get experience in the real world than encountering, nonetheless, people who actually live in the real world. For all of you who are either trying to pay off student loans or just keeping up with your Starbucks-every-day-of-the-week lifestyle, this one's for you.

1. When a customer exclaims they have the change AFTER you pressed the amount of money they gave, and now you have to figure out the new amount you owe them.

2. When a customer walks in a minute before you close.

3. When a customer asks for the manager and your manager tells them the same thing you did.

4. Seeing someone you know come in and you have to awkwardly treat them like a customer.

5. When you clock in a minute after your shift starts.

6. When you have to make sure the store won't burn down before you can use the bathroom.

7. Rush hour(s).

8. When there's any type of sale, discount, or promotion.

9. When a customer takes their anger out on you, even though you have no control over a situation.

10. When you open your paycheck and you might have overestimated how much you've worked the past week or two.

11. At the end of the day, you realize this will be the easiest job you will ever have and that you're not ready for being a real adult yet.