I Met Taylor Swift And It Meant So Much To Me

Did you think I would ever let this one go? Well if you thought I would, you were wrong. Very wrong.
97

Did you think I'd ever let this one go? Well, if you thought I would, you were wrong. Very wrong.

Flashback to September 11, 2015, when I met one of the most influential people in my life. No, it wasn't my mom...that was when I was born 18 years ago, and she still sits pretty at number one; But if you're guessing who ranks in at number two, I'm sure, if you know me well enough, that you can take a pretty wild guess.

Although I remember the night almost perfectly and wish I could share it with the world, my better judgment tells me to save the details and cut to the chase.

On September 11, 2015, by some God forsaken miracle, I met Taylor Swift (!!!) with one of my very best friends, Elijah. Though Elijah and I aren't as close as we used to be anymore, I will forever cherish that memory I shared with him for the rest of my life.

A year and some months later, still shocked that it happened, I reflect on that period of time in my life and, refraining my excitement, I'd like to share with you all as to why it was so special to me and why it always will be.

So, if you could care less about Taylor Swift, or my experience meeting her, then that's perfectly okay and you can exit right out of this tab immediately, but if some ounce of you likes to read stories of joy and content, then feel free to continue on.

In the midst of 2009 during my crazed Miley Cyrus/Hannah Montana days (don't tell me you all don't remember this because, of course, you do. I had the HM backpack and the jean skirt with the HM matching shirt...you remember), my computer savvy self got to work on finding the latest Miley Cyrus performance. Yes, I was that girl who spent hours on end searching for new music or performances with the small hope that there'd be one. I didn't pay attention to the media much, but if I had known back then what I know now, I could've saved myself a lot of time and effort. Anyway, after searching around a few different times, I stumbled across Miley Cyrus and Taylor Swift's performance of "Fifteen" at the Grammy's. So basically, after God put that in my hands, my Miley days were over and the Taylor days were in.

Sure, I knew about Taylor before and I listened to her songs before. But, I think it was just the fact that I loved Miley Cyrus so much, and she performed the duet with my own name in the song that it got to me.

Come 2015, it was time for Taylor to sing her B-Stage song during the 1989 World Tour, which was a surprise every night because she chose it on spot by herself, and she chose "Fifteen." It hadn't been the first time I heard the song live, and it also wasn't the fact that I was hearing it live in that very moment from the front row, but something was different. About halfway through the song I felt an arm wrap around my shoulder and I turned around and it had been Taylor's mom. She asked me and Elijah if we wanted to meet Taylor after the show. And the rest went on from there.

Why that moment was so special to me is for many reasons. A song that I had accidentally stumbled across during my Miley years and led me into the world of Taylor Swift, will now forever be the song that I not only stumbled across, but the song that somehow, out of 20,000 people just enjoying the night, Elijah and I got the opportunity of a lifetime. I think it's pretty cool, and I always will. It probably sounds extremely cliche, and many of you would probably say "Oh, well that's just a coincidence." And sure, it might be. But to me, it's something more.

Not only is it special to me for that, but also because it will forever be my favorite Taylor song. "Fifteen" was always a song that I could relate to, and it always will be.

Thinking back to the short time we spent with Taylor, it will always hold a special place in my heart because she's always been a major influence on me. She not only carries herself well and accordingly, but she's made it easy for people to get through different things and know that it's always okay to be you and be true to who you are.

Of course, it's so cliche of me to say she's one of my role models, but as a matter of fact, she is. That's also why meeting her was so special to me. Whether it's her hundreds of love songs, her ability to make the best out of each situation, or her love for other people, I've always looked up to her and I always will...even if I don't know her and she doesn't know me. Meeting her was a once in a lifetime opportunity that I will forever cherish.

I cut it pretty short, but that's the whole gist of it. I've learned to cherish moments more preciously now from that point forward and have learned to live life to it's fullest because you never know when the chance of a lifetime may come about.