To The Ex That I Still Love Even Though I Shouldn't

I shouldn't love you but I do.

24

You just broke up with me, you said you were completely done and that we were over and this would be the last time I would talk to you. Honestly, it wasn't as hard as I felt it was going to be, maybe because you've broken up with me more than 10 times in the last year and a half we have been together. I will always love you and be here for you.

Although, according to my family I should've left you a long time ago after yo started being controlling, and verbally and mentally abusive. I didn't leave because I did not think you were being that way because you convinced me otherwise. You told me you were not controlling or in anyway abusive, you convinced me you were not that way. You told me you loved me, but if you love someone you do not tell him or her they look like a clown or a whore because they decided to wear red lipstick to work. After you told me I looked like a clown, I stopped wearing lipstick all together, I did it so you wouldn't get upset, or belittle me.

I started being unhappy, and although I was unhappy I didn't stop loving you, I always loved you. I thought you did the same. But sometimes I was so sure because you would call me out of my name so may times and break up with me almost every week or so. I had never had that happen, and you always made it my fault, because I was not acting how I should, I was trying to fit in, or I wouldn't cut off a online friend that I had known for 7 years because when I cut off a real life friend like you told me to and that friendship ended up ending because of it, it was always like you did not want me having friends.

Never will I ever let you or anyone else control me or say all that to me. I still love you even though you ruined my already low self-esteem. I will always love you; I will always care about you. You broke my heart into a million pieces but I can't shake the love I have for you. I just want you to know, no matter how long it will be since the break up if you ever need me I will be here. I will love you till I die.