The Fear of Losing Someone You Love

My Truth About Dealing With Thantophobia

The fear of losing someone you love.

30
Karleigh Byrne

When you get to the point where you are in a serious, committed relationship, you may get to the point where you start to worry. You start to worry that, sooner or later, your relationship will fade and sit in the past. You start to worry that this will all come to an end and every time you think about it, you are reassured by your partner that it won't happen, yet you are still afraid. If you ever have felt this way or are feeling this was currently, know that you are not the only one. I have constantly been feeling this way. If you were to ask me, I think I have this fear because I am so devoted and truly in love with my relationship that it makes me so afraid. I am so afraid that I will feel completely lost. I get very Hesitant to ever talk to my boyfriend about how I am feeling because I have the oncoming fear that he will get the thought that I am not confident in our relationship even though I am. If you ask me, this feeling is one of the hardest emotions to ever explain to anyone, even to yourself. Sometimes, there are no words to describe the feeling. But I have learned ways to keep myself calm without having to freak out myself or my boyfriend.

1. Reflect

@hannahlbelk

Go back and think about every second spent on a good time with your partner. These times are not borrowed from anyone, they simply belong to you both. Meaning that it is no one but your times. Think about that for a second. These good times that you have been through together will never be taken away from either or you. They were made and now are cherished.

Beautiful thinking and a good mind are key in all situations, especially when in doubt and in fear.

2. Live in the moment

iriesnider

No one but God can control the future. It is purely out of our reach. My advice for you is to never let this fear get to you and to live in the present. If you are truthful with the one that you love and adore, then always let your mind flutter with thoughts of why you are wildly in love with them. When you are with your person, spend every second well spent with laughter and warm, fuzzy feelings. If you can look at the one you are with and see forever, then, believe that there is a forever. If you believe that you are with them because no one else makes sense, then, always keep that in mind.

3. Communicate

@leximurray_

Some people like to bottle up their emotions and feelings. Sometimes those people don't even like to do it, but they feel as if they were to say anything, things would go south in their relationship. Never. Do. This. Not expressing your feelings will only make things worse and, possibly, awkward considering the feelings will always be on your mind and you will have no room in your head for thinking about what you are talking about with your partner. Other situations when people do this lead to your bottle popping open and a cloud of reckless emotions start to pour out of you with no control whatsoever. When you have thoughts or mixed emotions about something in your relationship or something that your partner has done, communicate them with your partner right away. On that note, remember it is better to be relaxed and calm when you are talking about them. If you lash out and get loud, things will get worse and emotions will most likely pile on even more.