A Thank You Letter To My Roommate

A Thank You Letter To My Roommate

You're not just my best friend, but you're my family.

12
A Thank You Letter To My Roommate
YouTube

Dear Roommate,

I'm not sure I always emphasize how lucky I am to live with you. I know we're both especially busy, but I wanted to take the time to ensure that you know how much I appreciate your company, presence, and love every single day.

You have been there for me through the darkest of times, providing not only your endless support, but also your incredible passion to take care of me. Additionally, you have been there for me during my happiest of days, only contributing more positivity to my life.

Thank you for always making sure that I am on time for the events I need to attend, waking me up when my alarm doesn't do its job, and for making sure I make it to sleep at a relatively normal time (as often as you can).

I can't thank you enough for never giving up on me. I can't deny the fact that I haven't always been the best roommate, and I'm so sorry for any time that I ever was too quick to jump at you. I know there are times that I can become rather difficult. Regardless, you've dedicated your time to helping me study for tests, listen to my long and often unnecesary vents and have taken care of me when I have felt unmotivated or sick (which seems to be a large majority of the year so far).

Thank you for always pushing me to be my best, and for ensuring that I challenge myself and remain confident through all that I do. Thank you for ensuring that I always feel beautiful, being an endless supporter for all of my decisions, and for making sure that I'm always happy and smiling.

Additionally, thank you for always being true to yourself. The person you are is someone you should be so proud of. You would drop anything and everything to make sure that your friends are okay, and you have such an incredibly giving and dedicated mindset.

Our room is somewhere where I've made some of the most incredible memories. I'll treasure all of the times we've spent in our dorm together. Where we live is a place that I'll keep with me in my heart forever. From binge eating our snacks until we can no longer breathe, to talking some nights until 3 am, to jamming out to old Disney tunes, I feel so incredibly comfortable around you. I can tell you anything without fear of you judging me, and I know that many people are no where near as lucky to have such a connection with the person they end up living with.

Looking back on the past semester, I can't express enough how incredibly lucky I am to not only know you, but consider you as my sister.

I love you so much. I hope you forever know that.

Love always,

Your Roommate