An Open Thank You Letter To My Boyfriend

There are not enough words.

25
Amanda Thompson

Dear Boyfriend,

I never thought love would find me of all people. What can I say? I've dated the wrong guys, had my heart broken more times than I could count and had sworn off love and the idea of it. Well, that was until you walked into my life. It is so strange to think that it all started with a corny joke and a dorky smile to have me hoping you'd be making an appearance again. There are so many things to thank you for and this list will only scratch the surface and of course a simple "thank you" will never be enough.

Thank you for watching my TV shows even though I know you would rather cheer for whatever sport is playing that night. I appreciate you sitting through that episode of "Pretty Little Liars."

Thank you for being up for adventure. Finding someone who loves adventure as much as I do is refreshing. We always have some crazy idea of what to do next.

Thank you for still holding the car door. And they say chivalry is dead.

Thank you for taking a million pictures. "Oh wait! My hair doesn't look right." "No I don't like that one." No matter the excuse for why I am taking that same picture for the millionth time thank you for smiling and waiting patiently for me to get the perfect one

Thank you for being patient. Sometimes I am slow in the mornings or I am running late for that date but thank you for telling me to take my time because I am worth waiting for.

Thank you for listening to my gossiping and for hanging on to every word.

Thank you for remembering when I forget. Sometimes I think you know my to-do list better than I do. Now if only I could get you to remember where you place your keys every time you walk through the door.

Thank you for making me laugh. Whether you are screaming to that song on the radio, doing a funny dance or tickling me until my stomach hurts for laughing so hard, laughing with you is the best medicine any day of the week.

Thank you for not missing your hoodies, they are just so much comfier than my own. I promise you'll see them eventually... well, we'll see.

Thank you for completing me. I can't explain that feeling I have when I am with you and I don't think I will ever be able to explain it but how does anyone truly explain the way someone's presence completes you in a way you never thought possible

Thank you for still calling me beautiful even if I don't believe that about myself sometimes.

Thank you for loving my family. My family means a lot to me, which you already know but thank you for loving them almost as much as I do. You will never understand how happy it makes me seeing you laugh along with them and being there when I can't.

Thank you for the butterflies even after all this time.

Thank you for being you, because you are an amazing man and I wouldn't want you to change anything about you.

Thank you for being my best friend and not just my boyfriend.

I never thought I could feel this way for another person, ever, but I guess life has a way of surprising us when we least expect it. I am thankful for the good times and the bad because they make our relationship the amazing one it is. I cannot wait for the memories and many adventures to come because I couldn’t imagine having any one else by my side. Thank you, I love you and you are the best.

Sincerely,

M

e