25 Things That I'm Grateful For Year-Round And Not Just On Thanksgiving

Although Thanksgiving is a great time to reflect on your life and give thanks for all the things you're blessed with in life, it shouldn't be the only time you're being thankful

79

Although Thanksgiving is a great time to reflect on your life and give thanks for all the things you're blessed with in life, it shouldn't be the only time you're being thankful. That being said, here's a list of 25 things I'm thankful for in my life.

1. My family. Extended and immediate. They're my biggest support in life. I'd be lost without them. My mom and my sister are my two best friends in life. I know they'll always be there for me no mater what and I couldn't be more grateful for them. I'd also be lost without my dad and my younger brother. My family makes me me and without that life wouldn't be as great.

2. Patches and Roxy. My two dogs are the cutest things you'll ever meet in your life and they make me so so happy.

3. Unlimited Calling. This one goes back to family. I call my mom on the phone every single day and if I don't call her one day she texts me to make sure I'm still alive. My mom is the cutest.

4. My professors here at PSU. They have been nothing but helpful and informative. My social work professors in particular have inspired and motivated me even more to continue down the path of becoming a social worker.

5. Books. My favorite thing in the world is going to Barnes and Nobles and picking out a new book or two. I can never have enough books to read.

6. My BFFAAF. You know who you are :P

7. Coffee. I love coffee and people who don't are wrong. Enough said.

8. Being able to write articles for the Odyssey! Sometimes I get stumped on what to write but I love writing for you guys each week!

9. My job at the bookstore. Come visit me if you're ever on campus!

10. Headphones. Sometimes you just gotta block out the world and blast some music.

11. Bubble Baths. There's nothing I love more than soaking in a warm tub with lots of bubbles and good smelling soap. It's the most relaxing thing in the world for me.

12. Really cute planners. Being organized isn't as much of a struggle when you have a super cute planner to write everything down in right?

13. Fuzzy pajama pants. This one is self explanatory.

14. The fact that I am fortunate enough to be able to go to college. Again, I wouldn't be able to do this without the support of my family!!

15. Apple cider. My absolute favorite fall drink.

16. Music. Listening to music helps me focus on homework and without it I'd be so bored and unfocused. Sad songs are also really great when I'm feeling down and need something to relate to.

17. Google docs presentations. Without this cool powerpoint thing that multiple people can work on, my group projects would never get done.

18. Beef Jerky. My favorite food.

19. Goodnight texts. It's always nice when the person you're talking to lets you know they're going to bed and tells you to have a great night (:

20. The friendships I've made throughout life. Whether we were close for a long time or not, you've all impacted my life in a positive way.

21. School vacations! I get to go home and see my family and my dogs!!

22. Guys who ask girls out on real dates. Y'all are the best.

23. Country music, specifically. Sam Hunt, Hunter Hayes, Luke Bryan, Blake Shelton. You guys are my idols and I can't enough of you. Even though my roommate hates country music (She's crazy right?? :P) I'll still continue to blast you through my headphones.

24. Physical real life letters and cards. It's kind of lame how excited I get when there is actually something in my mailbox at school. I check it almost everyday. I think it's amazing when people care enough about you to think of sending you a card. Snail mail is my favorite, it's so much better than a text or an email.

25. My life. Last but not least, I am incredibly thankful for my life and every single aspect of it. There are so many more things I am grateful in life besides what I've listed but I think this last point will include it all. Although cliche, there is not one thing in my life that I would change if given a chance. I'm incredibly lucky with the life I've led thus far and I don't say thank you enough for it. Let's all try and be more grateful for the things we've been given all of the time and not just around Thanksgiving. There is so much in this world to be thankful for.

Thanks for reading! What are you most thankful for?