Thanksgiving Reality

Thanksgiving Reality

Wake Up Call To The Hypocrites.

6
Thanksgiving Reality
wallpapersforu.com

Holidays we all love them, right?

WRONG.

Holidays have to be the most money making days for corporate America, but that is beside the point.

Let's discuss Thanksgiving, the day to give thanks for the blessings we have in our lives.

It is the day families get together dressing up all fancy just to walk around the house eating, or they're in pajamas, comfortably walking around the house and eating. The day is usually cold so we are all bundled up trying to keep warm with our fuzzy scarfs, big coats, and boots. We catch up with those family members we haven't seen in awhile. And by catch up we are either judging the family members we can't believe actually showed up, talking smack about the crazy Snapchat adventure a cousin had, or talking about an event that happened years ago that no one can let go of.

Holidays are great, I know. (sarcasm intended)

I think what I find really hypocritical about Thanksgiving is that we spend a majority of the night listing all the things we are blessed/thankful for but yet we leave dinner early. The reason we leave early is pretty simple...we leave early because we must stand in long lines to get that one blender that is ten dollars cheaper than usual, there is a new video game being released or there is a buy one get the other 50% off offer on some crazy expensive shoes. Pretty sure we know what I am talking about--Black Friday.

Black Friday. The day people leave their families early forgetting everything they are thankful for. The day people trample over others to get that last item off the shelf. May I just point out some people have died, gotten stabbed or badly injured on Black Friday because some of y'all go crazy.

It sounds pretty ridiculous, I know. Believe it or not, a majority of you do this. All I am saying is maybe this year try something new. Count your blessing and be thankful for what you have. Material things come and go, you can always buy a new blender any other day. When family goes, they go and they don't come back. So enjoy the time you have with them and try not to judge so hard, remember you are related to each other.