Thanksgiving preparations

Thanksgiving preparations

Some tips to make for a happy Thanksgiving

45
Thanksgiving preparations

Thanksgiving is an often forgotten holiday as it often gets drowned out by Halloween and Christmas. However, Thanksgiving is just around the corner, which means family, football, turkey, and lots of stuffing. Here are some ways to prepare.

1. For me, the most important part of Thanksgiving is the food. And now, this just isn't food, this is Thanksgiving food. That means stuffing and turkey, stuffed artichokes and gravy. Lots and lots of gravy. However, it is important to prepare your stomach for expansion. I like to just picture myself as a giant balloon. Quit your diet now, and think carbs.

2. Football. Yes, football. No, not soccer. Football. American Football. I myself am not such a fan, but I know for some, it is tradition to yell at television screens and make dramatic hand gestures, while watching the game (or maybe that's just because my dad it Italian). And, yeah that's all I know about football. I don't know maybe you have a good luck ritual you do for your team? How does one prepare for football?

3. Think fall. Bring out the scarves and hats and boots, peacoats. Bring out sweaters of brown, orange, and yellow. It's time to snuggle in oversized sweatshirts and blankets.

4. Unfortunately, there are no Thanksgiving movies to get you mentally prepared. Besides Charlie Brown's Thanksgiving. Yes, Charlie Brown is an absolute necessity to prepare for Thanksgiving.

5. Family. While family can be fun, it is important for adolescents to prepare for the questionnaires. Such as: how is college? Or, what colleges are you looking at? How's the internship? Are you looking for any internships? (etc..). I would write out these answers before hand and rehearse to keep the answers short and to the point.

6. The Thanksgivings Day parade. Pre-set your to the channel the night before. Record. Set alarms so you don't sleep through it. Don't forget to wave to Santa.

7. Christmas lists. Making lists. Organizing other peoples lists. Thanksgiving bridges into Christmas. It is important to know what you want and to have ways of organizing gifts for giving to others.

8. Bake all the pies. What is Thanksgiving without pie? Unless you really aren't much of bakes in which if is the case, eat all the pies.

9. Prepare with decorations. Arts and crafts. Turkey hands, and fall themed decor.

10. Don't forget to have FUN!