Thanksgiving Leftovers Are The Best, Here's Some Recipes Why

Change my mind.

6

Listen, we build up this food hype all year and when the day actually comes, it is like heaven awaits you. But I know too many people who waste their leftovers and do not make use of the delicious food! It is appalling to me that some people do not either, know how to use their leftovers or simply waste it. We should all be thrilled that we have a week's worth of food already prepared for us but sadly, some have no clue what they can do with their leftover Thanksgiving meal. But never fear, I will show you the right ways to eat your yummy leftovers. You will be thanking me by the end of this article.

1. Turkey Tetrazzini

Obviously, these are my family recipes but I felt the need to share after listening to my friends complain about how many leftovers they have. So, turkey tetrazzini includes some of your favorites including noodles, onions, cheese, turkey, cream of mushroom, and half n half. A very simple casserole, this yummy concoction will fill your tummy to its heart content. It is hot and pipping when you bring it out of the oven and a nice fresh salad as a side makes for a balanced meal. I LOVE the day after Thanksgiving because you can prepare it early in the day or right before you cook it. This can also feed multiple people so if you are looking to cook a simple meal for your guests after Thanksgiving, then you have your meal!

2. Barbeque Turkey Nachos

I am telling you, this snack hits just right when you need it to. This is perfect for weekend football games or if you live in the south, after Thanksgiving pool day snack! This yummy and delicious snack is comprised of your leftover turkey, your favorite chips, favorite bbq sauce, green onions, sour cream, multiple cheeses, garlic, and whatever you want on your nachos! This will enhance your nacho experience and make it worth all the effort. Or if you don't feel like putting lunch together, this is a great alternative and will fill you up. It is a goto the weekend after Thanksgiving when hanging with my family or a small plate for lunch when I get hungry.

3. Turkey Mac n Cheese

This meal is one a lot of people make but I felt that needed to be included in this list. I love mac n cheese and adding delish meat to it makes the meal all the better! For this recipe, it is very biased as well all make different versions of mac n cheese but I get 2 cans of cream of mushroom and 2 cans of cream of cheddar, a variety pack of shredded cheese, 6 cloves of garlic, 2 lbs of elbow macaroni, and many different spices. I love all the garlic so if you do not agree, please move on as this recipe is not for you. I really enjoy this mac n cheese because it can feed a lot of people and you can have your leftover stuffing as a side to this meal!

4. Turkey and Cranberry Sauce Omelets

I am a huge omelet person, so I love to make turkey omelets the mornings after Thanksgiving. This can be a great morning meal with your coffee or orange juice and a good start to your day. I usually make a huge batch at one time so I use a lot of turkey, garlic, a nice handful of spinach, a generous amount of hot sauce, lemon pepper, mushrooms, and if I have it I will add green onions. This omelet fills me up right when I wake up and only takes about 15 minutes to make. My family really enjoys when I make this as well because they know how good it is. If we have cranberry sauce leftover, I will add it as a small dipping sauce people can use. The savory versus sweet is a nice combination and I always get good compliments

I love leftovers, and I am urging you to as well if you don't! There are so many good meals you can make with your leftovers!