Ah, Thanksgiving. I think we can all agree that it's pretty much one of the best days of the year. Shout out to the pilgrims for creating a day based around only eating food. Genius, you people were genius. Anyways, everyone has their one of a kind traditions that take place on Thanksgiving. Whether it's your Aunt always asking you way too many personal questions or you challenging your cousin to how many pieces of pie they can eat, every family has a way that they do up Thanksgiving every year. However, everyone can agree that Thanksgiving is a day dedicated to eating food and enjoying family. So I decided to inform everyone what that basic run through of Thanksgiving day is like as told by the characters of one of the best TV shows on the planet, "How I Met Your Mother."
1. Waking up and smelling the food already cooking in your house
Bring on the FEAST.
2. Subtly roaming around the kitchen and seeing if you can eat anything yet
It should be considered an art quite frankly; you can't make it too obvious but you can't act too sneaky, you have to find the perfect medium.
3. When your Mom yells at you to get out of the kitchen
Why do you have to be so dramatic Mother? (insert eye rolling here)
4. But you sneak a piece of food anyways
Years of practice Mom, it adds up.
5. Then your relative start to show up
Thanksgiving isn't actually Thanksgiving unless you get asked way too many personal questions by family members.
6. And you can't help discussing with your cousin how much food you're going to eat
Trying to top last year's food intake? Challenge accepted.
7. When you have to wait that dreaded hour before dinner. Could time go any slower?
You wish you could at least just have a kernel of corn at this point honestly.
8. Then someone announces it's time to eat
And you start your brisk walk/slow jog to the dinner table.
9. And you're the first person to finish your plate
No shame. None at all.
10. Then it hits you how much you've eaten
"I've made a mistake" constantly plays throughout your head.
11. But dessert. SO YOU GET A SECOND WIND AND DOWN THAT PUMPKIN PIE
Should you let your mistakes define you? No!
12. The the light at the end of the tunnel shows, and you're scared you might explode
Shout out to 911 for only being three digits.
13. And you take that golden two hour nap
That turkey's got to digest somehow.
14. And you wake up, and do it all over again because LEFTOVERS
It's not actually Thanksgiving unless you break into those leftovers on the same day.