To My Odyssey EIC, Thank You

To My Editor-In-Chief, Thank You For Inspiring Me And Allowing Me To Be A Part Of This Family

Above all, you have acquainted me with the world of passionate writers and have given me the reassurance that being a writer is doable.

29

To my Editor-in-Chief,

When I joined the Odyssey community, I had no idea what to expect and I wasn't sure how I was going to do this. At first, your brief description of the Odyssey community indeed motivated me to be the part it. I always had thoughts about writing for a newspaper or magazine just as a hobby. In fact, I even thought about publishing my book (but I haven't started writing it.) Well, it all seemed impenetrable when I learned about how things work in the publishing world. The Odyssey community has given me an opportunity to express my feelings and thoughts about things that I wanted to share with the world. I very much appreciate it. However, without such an indefatigable and friendly editor like you, I wouldn't be able to accomplish my ambitions.

This is the 21st article, and it's been about six months since I started my journey at Odyssey. Being a writer at Odyssey gave me the freedom to write about whatever I want to, in my own choice of a genre, which is rare in the real world. While I was exploring different types of genres such as poetry, listicles, and short story, I had thoughts about quitting this work because of frustration, but I did not. As a beginner in the field of journalism, I felt clueless, and I often had a hard time deciding what to write about. I asked myself: Why did I join this community? The answer was clear. I joined to write about the things that I wanted to share with the world. The motivation was the key that I was looking for. The motivation to write.

I have been a huge fan of creative writing, and it was distracting me all the time from what I was pursuing. I decided to read articles of other writers in the community including my Editor-in-Chief (EIC). I realize that whatever comes from your heart doesn't require so much thinking and editing. It's just writing and writing. Besides, I realized that you (my EIC) spend hours and hours editing articles each week. I said to myself: If you and I have the same passion for writing, then why I can't do this? I have been profoundly moved by your articles and what you do as an EIC. It's incredible. It must be difficult to edit hundreds of articles on a variety of topics. When I have to edit my own 6-10 page essays, I get so frustrated because it's just annoying. However, you have done it with exceptional patience.

I think it's time that you get the acknowledgment you deserve for all of your diligent work. You have been through lots of ups and downs in your life, but nothing was hard enough to break you down. I admire you for that. I've always been inspired by your articles and have learned a lot from you. Odyssey was a community of a group of people, but now it's family, and it wouldn't have happened without you. I'm delighted to be a part of this family. What's more, above all, you have acquainted me with the world of passionate writers and have given me the reassurance that being a writer is doable. I'm living each day to the fullest, and I've discovered energy for my work with Odyssey. All in all, I would like to thank you for everything. From the bottom of my heart, and on behalf of our entire Odyssey community, thank you so much. You are awesome, Nicole!

Sincerely,

Dhruvil