A Thank You Letter To My Person

A Thank You Letter To My Person

You are such an amazing person and I am so grateful to have you in my life.

10
A Thank You Letter To My Person
Kara Hickey

Dear Marisa or as I like to call you, Mersa,

First off, you know this was really hard for me to write because I'm not super sentimental, but I think you deserve to hear big ole' thank you from me. So bare with me, while I probably make you uncomfortable with the amount of love I'm about to give you.

I don't think I tell you often enough that you are an amazing human being. We've only known each other for about three years now, and as cliche as it sounds, it feels like forever. You know everything about me, from the darkest times to the light, and you've stuck by my side. I want to thank you for that. I know I am not the easiest person to deal with, but you've managed to stick around. Thank you for being one of the only people who understands my dark, dry humor. You're the only one I can be truly humorous with about being depressed, and that brings a lot of light into that terrible mental illness. Thank you for doing the exact same thing with me for four months this summer. The nights at Recess and Taco Bell were definitely worth the gas and money because we formed a bond that I don't think will ever be broken.

You've listened to me complain about heartbreak, and how I will never be good enough, but you always remind me that I am. I am eternally grateful for that. You understand me in a way a lot people don't, and that is not easy to find in friendships. Thank you for listening to me tell you the same stories over and over again, and continuing to act surprised on how it ends. Thank you for listening to the exact same playlist this summer, and being the only person to want to listen to dreadfully sad songs right before we go out. Thank you for the adventures that led us to meeting amazing new friends, and for always being down to just to drive around.

Thank you for being the person you are. I am so grateful to have such an amazing person in my life. I appreciate everything you do for me. Thanks for liking all the same stuff as me, and I hope we get abducted by aliens soon. You're the raddest friend out there, and I'm glad you are my person.

Love, Karrot