A Thank You Letter To My Dad

A Thank You Letter To My Dad

Thanks for everything Dad.

20
A Thank You Letter To My Dad
Charlotte Mahoney-Mosedale

Dad,

I don't know where to start this so I guess I'll start by saying thank you. Thank you for everything. Thank you for your constant love, your hugs, and support.

When I was preparing to leave for college, I made sure to hug you as many times as I could. A hug from you makes me feel like everything is going to be okay. You always could make me feel better with a hug, even when we were fighting. As we stood in my dorm room to say our goodbyes, I cried on you and you just hugged me and told me that I would see you soon and that you loved me. Even though I was sad, I still believed you that everything would be okay.

In high school, you tried to help me with my math homework, even though it always ended up with me fighting you because I didn't understand it all. I always said how terrible I was at math, but you always disagreed with me and told me that you knew I was smart and could understand what we were doing if I just sat down and worked with it long enough. And then, when I would get my math test back with a decent grade, you were the first one I would call.

Thank you for teaching me so much. I know I can be pretty pushy about doing things, but if I hadn't, I would have missed out on all those times with you teaching me how to drive a stick shift and stalling in the middle of the road with you screaming at me when I was starting to panic. We would always laugh about it later but in the moment it was unbelievably scary and I was always mad at you for yelling at me.

Thanks for taking me to play catch, pitching lessons, batting lessons, and every single sport I have ever played. I had a few rough seasons but you always encouraged me and supported me like no one else. You made me feel like I could do anything I wanted if I put my mind to it.

Thank you for everything you've done for me. I love you so much, Dad. Happy Father's Day. (Sorry it's a little late)

Love,

Your favorite daughter

Charlotte