It's almost time for Barack Obama to step down as President of the United States. He did a lot to lead this country in the right direction. (Disclaimer: the previous statement's truthfulness may vary depending on your political views; it's OK to disagree). With the 2016 election less than two weeks away (yikes), it's time that we review some important and historic aspects of Barack Obama's legacy as POTUS.
1. Obamacare: He signed a law that was a huge step towards universal health care.
2. #Jobama: He and Joe Biden showed us the ultimate political bromance.
3. DACA: He gave an opportunity to many dreamers.
4. Being elected as the first black POTUS: He broke the mold for all people of color.
5. Nominating Sonia Sotomayor (the first Latina Supreme Court Justice): Actually, he helped break a lot of molds.
6. The US-Cuban thaw: He allowed a lot of Americans to try Cuban coffee, and he helped usher in a taste of world peace.
(This is Conan in Cuba, by the way. Thank you for this, Obama.)