A Thank You Letter To My Forever Friend

A Thank You Letter To My Forever Friend

The future is uncertain, but there is one thing I know for sure: you will always be my friend.

81
A Thank You Letter To My Forever Friend
Katelynn Erickson

To my forever friend,

As we get older and begin to go our separate ways, I just wanted to say thank you. You have managed to be the best friend anyone could have while still being busy with and creating your own life. I'm glad that I get to be a part of it and I hope you're glad to be a part of mine. Life can become overwhelming and busy and I don't always take time to say thank you for all you do, so here it is:

Thanks for making me more than just a convenient friend. You don't just talk to me or hang out with me when there is nobody else around. You make me a priority in your life and that's an important aspect of friendships.

You are always encouraging. When something is getting me down and I don't think I am capable of doing something, you don't typically agree with me. You tell me to suck it up. Okay, maybe you don't word it quite like that, but you always push me to challenge myself and make myself better.

You usually know what's best for me. You know me better than I know myself sometimes, so whenever I need to make a tough decision I come to you. You give advice that is always in my best interest.

We can go days or even weeks without talking, and nothing changes. When we get caught up in our busy lives, we sometimes don't have the chance to talk much. Whether we go days, weeks, or even months without talking, we always pick up where we left off. I love that about our friendship. I don't like having to worry about losing a friend because I have things to take care of, so thank you for that.

You don't get sick of me. The days that we talk nonstop back to back, you somehow manage not to get sick of my annoying habits or horrible jokes. I don't know how you do it, but you do. That's a real friend right there.

You're always there for me. You genuinely care; that's unique. Whether is crying over something that went wrong in my life or celebrating my accomplishments, you never miss it. If I need you, you always make the time for me and you always will. That does not go unnoticed, believe me.

You laugh at my horrible jokes. Sometime, you even make horrible jokes with me. Okay, lets be honest...You ALWAYS make horrible jokes with me. We're the funniest people that we know. Even when you don't think I'm funny, you pretend to--Thanks, pal.

The future always brings uncertainty. Who will we marry? Where will we live? Will we have kids? What kind of jobs will we have? There is one thing that I know for certain: you will always be my friend. This isn't just a spur of the moment thing, it's a life time thing. Thank you again for all that you do, friend. I can't wait to see where life takes our friendship.

Love you forever,

Your forever friend.