60 Things I've Waited Long Enough To Thank My Parents For

You’re the best parents a girl could ever ask for. I hope you know how much I love and appreciate you both.

610
Andrea Schelmety

This is something that has been long overdue and I know I don’t say it nearly enough but I don’t know what I’d do without the both of you. This list doesn’t cover nearly half of the reasons that I’m so beyond grateful to call you my parents but it’s a start.

Mom and Dad, this one’s for you.

1. Thank you for always encouraging me to follow my dreams

2. Thank you for picking me up when I was down

3. Thank you for always believing in me

4. Thank you for your unconditional support

5. Thank you for allowing me to make mistakes and for teaching me how to learn from them

6. Thank you for teaching me to value my independence

7. Mom, thank you for being the strongest and most hardworking woman I know

8. Thank you for always being honest with me

9. Thank you for all of the advice. I might not have taken it but I’ve always valued what the both of you had to say

10. Thank you for putting up with me through all my mood swings and brattish tendencies

11. Thank you for blessing me with not only the best siblings but my best friends

12. Thank you for teaching me to defend myself

13. Thank you for being the model of a strong, healthy, and happy relationship

14. Thank you for showing me that it’s okay to laugh at myself

15. Thank you for teaching me that it’s important to always do the right thing even if it isn’t easy

16. Thank you for always picking up the phone when I call. (Well most of the time)

17. Thank you for letting me be myself

18. Thank you for all the amazing vacations and adventures together as a family. They’re some of my most cherished memories

19. Thank you for reminding me to always remain humble

20. Thank you for showing me that even though you’re my parents, you’re human too

21. Dad, thank you for sharing your birthday every year with me

22. Thank you for all the birthday parties and dad’s special way of singing the “Happy Birthday” song

23. Dad, thank you for sitting through all my endless rants and always allowing me to say what’s on my mind

24. Thank you for encouraging me to stand up for what I believe in

25. Thank you for teaching me that it’s okay to be different

26. Thank you for the endless amount of hugs and kisses even though I act like they annoy me

27. Dad, thank you for being my own personal handyman

28. Mom, thank you for putting up with every single one of my fashion crises over the years

29. Thank you for being the reason I exist

30. Thank you for teaching me that actions have consequences

31. Mom, thank you for picking up my favorite snacks when you go grocery shopping without me having to ask

32. Thank you for pushing me to do my very best in school

33. Thank you for teaching me that trust is something that is earned

34. Thank for trusting in me time and time again

35. Thank you for teaching me that respect is also something that is earned not given

36. Thank you for raising me to be compassionate and kind

37. Thank you for giving up things that you love to put your family first

38. Thank you for always trying your very best to understand where I’m coming from

39. Mom, thank you for all those home cooked meals and every time you went out of your way to make one of my favorites

40. Thank you for being my own personal chauffeurs before I was able to drive myself

41. Thank you for an amazing childhood

42. Thank you for letting me blast Fifth Harmony in the car at an unreasonable volume

43. Thank you for working tirelessly to make sure that my siblings and I have endless opportunities to succeed in life

44. Thank you for making me feel safe

45. Thank you for all of the financial support throughout the years

46. Thank you for noticing my fake friends before I did, even though sometimes I learned the hard way

47. Dad, thank you for sharing my love and appreciation for music

48. Thank you for waiting up for me to get home safe despite being exhausted

49. Thank you for teaching me what it means to be responsible

50. Thank you for believing in me when I didn’t believe in myself

51. Thank you for teaching me the value of family

52. Thank you for always going to bat for me

53. Thank you for all of the embarrassing nicknames and jokes

54. Thank you for somehow managing to be the perfect combination of strict but also really cool parents

55. Thank you for being my biggest cheerleaders and number one fans

56. Thank you for all the times you managed to turn my frowns into smiles

57. Thank you for knowing me better than I know myself

58. Thank you for having high expectations of me and making sure I always put my best foot forward

59. Thank you for always showing me how much you love me

60. Thank you for being yourselves