20 'Thank-Yous' For My Best Friend On Her 20th Birthday

I couldn't imagine nor would I ever want to imagine a life without you by my side.

349
Sarah Hertz

Dear Best Friend,

I can't believe these past 6 years have flown by so quickly. Times have changed, bonds have formed, and I found a forever best friend in you that I know I certainly couldn't live without. Thank you for all that you do, but there is so much more that I can, and should, thank you for, especially on your 20th birthday. So, here's to you, here's to a lifelong friendship, here's to another 20(0) fabulous birthdays... I love you!

1. Thank you for believing in me when I couldn't find it in me to believe in myself

Without you, I certainly wouldn't be able to get through some of the toughest times, the happiest times, the sad times.

2. Thank you for being so loving and kind, even when I don't deserve it

Your patience, love, and, of course, Dunkin' runs are some of the things that get me through anything.

3. Thank you for putting a smile on my face, even when I don't expect it

Whether its a short text after a final exam, or a phone call after a rough day, you always know how to make me smile.

4. Thank you for all of the coffee that you have brought me

You and I both know how much a good dunkin' means to us.

5. Thank you for always being so positive

You always know how to keep me focused and motivated, even when it felt like I couldn't do so myself.

6. Thank you for constantly challenging me to be my best

Whether its a game of cards or challenging each other in school, you always know how to bring the competitive side out of me.

7. Thank you for never leaving my side, even when it might have been tempting to

Boy, oh boy, I am certainly not the easiest to deal with, and sometimes, I wonder how you put up with me. But, I am certainly thankful that I know that you'll never leave my side.

8. Thank you for being honest with me, even when it may be hard to do so

It could be about anything, but I know that if I come to you, you will always give me the brutal honest truth, even if it hurts in the moment.

9. Thank you for welcoming me into your family like I am the third sister

You and I both know that I probably know whats in your cabinets better than you and your sister do, and I have the most special relationship with your Mom, and that's all because of you. Thank you for these special relationships and moments that I wouldn't change for anything in the world.

10. Thank you for sharing the same passions and goals as I do

Sometimes, I find it difficult to be a woman in a male-dominated field, but having you there to experience it all with me makes it all worthwhile and so much more exciting.

11. Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule for a quick meet-up whenever we can get it

Whether you drive over when I'm not feeling well or randomly tell me to come into the Bagel Store so you can write a message on the wrapping, these are some of my favorite and most memorable times that we have shared together.

12. Thank you for the FaceTimes throughout the semesters that we are apart for months

Especially this past semester, these are what got me through some of the toughest times. It felt like the semester from hell was a little bit brighter and went by a little bit quicker with a FaceTime to look forward to at the end of the day.

13. Thank you for constantly motivating me to be the best person that I can be

Without you, I would have failed myself and those around me so many times.

14. Thank you for showing me what it's like to be an incredible sister and daughter

You certainly are a role model in my life in this regard. The respect and kindness that you exude to your family is uncanny, and I am so thankful to get to experience that positivity in my life.

15. Thank you for the untimely diner trips

Because what would our friendship be without a quick trip to the OD?

16. Thank you for dreaming big since the day that we met

Because of you, this world truly is and will continue to be a better place.

17. Thank you for all of the memories that we have made so far

Without them, I wouldn't have had the same high school and college experience that I have had.

18. Thank you for sharing a love of the same cities as me

From New Brunswick to College Park and, of course, Washington D.C., you always know how to make the most of our time together.

19. Thank you for thinking of me

Whether its a visit over with Dunkin', or a kind message in the wrapping of my bagel, you always go the extra mile to remind me of how special this friendship really is. I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

20. Thank you for being you

I could not be more honored or grateful to call you my best friend.

Meg, I couldn't imagine nor would I ever want to imagine a life without you by my side. Although it was painful that I couldn't spend your 20th birthday with you, I know that we have a lifetime of birthdays to spend together. Here's to a lifetime of happiness, friendships, experiences, and laughs together that we will share. I love you, best friend! I hope you enjoyed your 20th birthday!