11 Things You Should Thank Your Roommate For

Because sometimes we take advantage of the amazing people in the next bed over.
14

Sometimes it can be easy to forget how awesome your roommate is because you're with them all the time and you're used to how great they are. Here are a couple of things your roomie does that you should thank them for more often. So thanks, roomie.

1. For not being loud

I know quiet hours aren't officially until 11 PM, but no one wants their walls vibrating with trap music at 8 AM either.

2. For being a meal buddy

Yelling down the hall and making plans has never been so rewarding.

3. For letting me borrow your clothes

You don't just give your favorite jacket to any stranger, and I appreciate being able to wear it out when I need to look better than usual.

4. For listening about my classes almost every day

Can you believe that Julie said that? Julie is truly wild. (Yeah, we know each other's professor's names. At least the important ones.)

5. For listening to my family stories

Yes, my sister really thought newborn babies ate poop. You'll never believe this totally you-had-to-be-there story about me in middle school.

6. For telling me your family stories

Tell me about how your parents met again, I love that story.

7. For letting me talk about my problems

Over and over and over again even though you've already given me advice on the topic. Yes, I should send in an application. Yes, we should sign our lease soon. Yes, yes, yes, you're usually right.

8. For letting me eat your food

I could go to the store and buy the exact same Cosmic Brownies, but I'll just give you one of mine next time so we can continue our discussion.

9. For being my Netflix buddy

I never knew that I could actually sit through a whole episode of Survivor or Top Model, let alone whole seasons.

10. For introducing me to new things

You've got music, I've got sports so I'll go to recitals with you as long as we can shoot hoops when it gets nice out. (Also, The Bachelor, but we're not gonna talk about that new obsession.)

11. For being the best

It's crazy how often people seem to walk into our life by chance, and although most of the time they walk out just as easily, we stuck together. Thanks, and here's to another semester of introducing each other to family as 'roommate and friends'.