A Thank You/Tribute To My Best Friend

A Thank You/Tribute To My Best Friend

A tribute to the person who made me believe in myself.

4947
A Thank You/Tribute To My Best Friend
We Heart It

When I was growing up through my middle school and high school years, I didn't have many friends that I could trust well enough to tell them everything. I had friends, don't get me wrong, but there wasn't that one single friend that I could always rely on. That is until I came to Widener. The whole point in going to college is to expand your life skills, whether it's your friendships or education.

We met on the first day of freshman year through a friend of mine who went to high school with me. The freshman class I was a part of as part of my Widener adventure was in the hundreds, but a handful dropped after the first year. As freshmen, we were all supposed to see one of these talks that freshman have to go through; it was about sex education, which didn't surprise me. I can remember my freshman year like it was just yesterday, but I digress. My friend texted me that day saying "Yo, I'm waiting at Alumni Auditorium", since we were planning on sitting next to each other.

That simple text was ordinary from him due to the personality I knew of him, but once I met up with him, he was talking to this beautiful girl who I've never met or seen before since I've been to Widener. As it turned out and unknowingly at the time, this girl I met that day eventually became my best friend over the 4 years I've been at Widener. I can't thank her enough for being supportive of me and my well-being. I want to thank her for believing in me. She was the first girl I ever told that I loved her and that I'll always have her back when she needs that kind of friend. I will have my career path and she'll have hers, but at some point down the road, our paths will cross; the memories we shared at Widener will always remain close in my heart.

Your best friend sometimes teaches you life lessons that you or they might not even realize. A best friend is someone I think God gives you to make your life a bit easier and enjoyable. It's a sign saying that you're not alone in this world, and that there are people out there who have the same goals and wishes as you do. You will walk down a similar path with your best friend, and you'll break off to your own paths, but the special bond between the two of you never breaks, no matter how many times some people try to. They always say count your blessings. She's one of my blessings that I will always be grateful for in my life. This was my little tribute or thanks to her. Thank you for being there and for just being you. This one's for you, Gab.