Thank You To My Parents For Making Me, Me

Thank you for all that you have done for me over the years.

27
viralro

Dear Mom and Dad,

I just want to thank you for the way you raised me. The way that you shaped me into the person I am today. You have taught me that life is a journey and to take things day by day. You've showed me how to love, laugh and be happy.

Growing up I never expressed my appreciation towards you. All those soccer games I made you guys sit through. All the times I had you guys drive me to a friends house or the mall. Being young you never really understand all that your parents do. Now that I'm older I realized you guys did way to much. You always knew how to put a smile on my face and I never really showed you the appreciation that you guys deserved.

You have been my day one supporters, my leaders and the first person to tell me when I'm wrong. You've always had my back when it comes to anything. You are the type of parents I want to be when I'm older. The ones that joke around with their kids and have that close relationship with. The ones that cherish their moments with their kids. We all have our own things that we bond over and are special to us. Like, Dad watching the sunset with you at the beach and Mom going shopping for shoes - these are two of my favorite things to do. It gives us time to sit, relax and take a step back from our crazy lives. It allows us to catch up for a minute.

Throughout the years, Dad you've shown me how a man should treat a woman. That I should never settle for less then what I deserve. Mom you have taught me how to take care of a family and how to juggle about five different tasks at once. You both always allowed me to do what I wanted, within reason. You allowed me to learn from mistakes that I've made. You set goals for me that I think might be impossible, but you push me to be the best version of myself.

Thank you for everything you have ever done for me.

Love you,

Always and Forever

Your Daugther