Thank You To My High School Friend Group

Although I wish life stayed the same, there are some things that must change.

10
Kathy Richmond

First and foremost, thank you. Thank you for giving me all of your time, happiness, and friendship. Thank you for every late night hang out, and early morning wake up just to take me to school. You girls truly mean a lot to me, and no matter where we go in life, I'll always remember you and cherish the times we shared together.

I never thought walking into my junior year of high school, I'd become so close with a group of girls (crazy, right?) But it happened. I never thought I'd have friends to hang out with every weekend, no matter what was going on, but you girls gave me that.

We had a friendship that was never ending, we were inseparable. Every homecoming we were together, almost every football game the gang was all there. There was a party for every holiday, and we even had mom's chocolate chip dip every time. We pulled pranks on my mom every chance we could get because we were the cool kids.

Sadly, the whole "squad" hasn't been together in almost 2 years. Everybody has gone their separate ways, doing their own things. A day without talking, turned into weeks, a week without talking turned into months. Truthfully, that kind of hurts.

It's sad to think that we could walk past each other, and act like we've almost never spoken in our life. It's sad that we scroll through social media, just to see the friends that have since replaced us. I imagined this would happen, but truly ill never be able to wrap my head around it.

You ladies were all there for me through some of my darkest times. You saw me fail, and you saw me succeed, but no matter what, you were always there. It's sad to think about how lives change, because you always want those people in your life. No matter what, the true ones will always stay.

To my favorite three girls, whether we talk every day, or even once a year, thank you, from the bottom of my heart. Maybe we weren't supposed to all be "Best Friends Forever," but you gave me friendship throughout the greatest years of my life. You gave me a friendship that not many are lucky to have. Most importantly, you gave me your love and support when I had no where else to turn. I love you all very much, and I'll never forget all of the times we had together.

Love,

The youngest of the bunch