A Thank You To My Odyssey EIC

A Thank You To My Odyssey EIC

We have yet to meet in person but I cant wait until we do!

25

Emma,

I remember when I first heard about Odyssey. I was intrigued and yet confused. You called me and explained everything from deadlines to hangouts to emails. I had so many questions and you never sounded annoyed to answer them. At first, I was a bit skeptical because I was afraid my writing would not be up to par with a community like this but you ensured me that you would guide me through and you definitely have.

I know I am far from the ideal creator and that as of lately, not the best communicator ever. However, you have been patient with me through it all. You have allowed me to grow as a creator and have not judged me for my shortcomings. These past few months I have felt as if though I could not catch a break which made me lose track of things I love to do, especially writing. But you have never judged me for it, which is why I wanted to tell you this.

You are an amazing person with a bright future surrounded by love that some people can only dream of.

You are a fantastic writer. Whenever I read your articles, I see the thought you put into it and wonder how you do it on top of having to revise our work.

You are a kind person. Whenever anyone comments anything under my articles or says something that you feel may have made me uncomfortable, you never fail to reach out. You always make sure I know that there is someone on my team and that I am not alone. Those messages mean more to me than you can ever imagine.

You are so organized and thoughtful. You never fail to send the weekly emails and always make sure to include a positive message at the end that always brightens my day.

You are going to do great things in life. I know it, you know it, and I bet your loved ones do too.

You are going to become an amazing lawyer because...

1. There is no way that you can tell me that the little girl who aced her constitution test, is not gonna pass her LSAT.

2. You have studied so much and dedicated time to becoming the best

3. You have gone above and beyond at being an Editor In Chief and I know you will put that same effort, if not more.

4. You believe in people. You think that people are more than their actions but rather them as a whole. If you did not, you would have given up on me a long time ago.

5. You are Emma. That is it. That is the reason. The best reason if I may say so myself.

So, to the Editor in Chief I have yet to have the pleasure of meeting, thank you for everything. Writing is one of my biggest passions and you have given me the guidance to become a better writer. I have gone to family events where people talk about my articles or gotten compliments online of my writing.

You are the best Editor In Chief I could have ever asked for. We have yet to meet in person but I cannot wait until the day comes.

Sincerely,

Angeles