A Thank You To All The Mothers In My Life

One day is not enough to show my appreciation for all of the mothers in my life.

89
Jillian Baker

Personal PhotoBeing a mother isn’t something that every woman can do. It’s a maternal instinct to provide, protect, and nurture. I’ve had so many mothers in my life and there aren’t enough words to show my gratitude and appreciation toward these women.

Thank you to my mom-teachers.

I would have not survived high school if it weren’t for my teachers. When times were tough, I always found myself seeking their advice. When we were in class and they knew I was going through a rough patch, they went out of their way to make sure that I was alright. They made sure I knew they were there for me. Teachers want the best for their students, just like mothers want the best for their children. It takes a special kind of person to want to teach kids. Thank you to all of the mom-teachers who have helped me along the way.

Thank you to my mom-coaches.

Coaches are the ones who push us past our preconceived limits because they believe in us. They encourage us to always try our best. They teach us to be humble when we win, but strong when we don’t. They encourage us to try our best and strive to get better. My coaches have seen me at my best and also at my worst. My coaches have been my shoulder to cry on, therapist, tutor, paper-editor, supporter, and even my best friend.

Thank you to my mom-friends.

There is always a mom in each group of friends who takes care of the rest of the squad. I’ve been that friend, but I’ve also been one that is being taken care of. Being the mom of a bunch of girls, is not an easy job. But my mom-friends have made it look so easy. Thank you for telling me what to do when I got sick for the first time at college. Thank you for taking care of me when I was upset. Thank you for being you.

Thank you to my mom.

Being a mom is a superpower and is not a job that a normal person can do easily. Mothers have been there for their children since day one, literally. They carried us around for nine months, making sure we were healthy and safe. Once we were born, they were making us lunch, keeping us occupied all day, and bandaging up our cuts and scrapes. These magical creatures we call moms, are selfless, caring, nurturing, and generous. They would give us the shirt off of their back if that meant we were happy. Sure, there are times where we butt heads, but that’s only because you want the best for me and are against me making a stupid decision. But sometimes you let me do it so I can learn for myself. Moms are the ones who we can always count on to be there for us, help us through tough times, wipe away our tears, and tell us that we’re way too good for that boy anyways. Mothers need to be appreciated 365 days a year, not just one.

Thank you to all of the mothers out there, you are greatly appreciated!