There are very few feelings that can make you feel the way being loved makes you feel. Having a mutually beneficial relationship helps people thrive mentally, emotionally, and physically. But sometimes, finding that love is hard. Finding the love of family when hardships take the forefront within those structures. Luckily, there are people who you find along your journey of life that simply make you feel at home.

This feeling is one like no other. When someone is capable of loving you like their own kin, something evolves within yourself and you are no longer just looking to feel loved.

You become more open.

More compassionate.

More giving.

Less guarded.

And less angry.

I am so fortunate to have met amazing people who have loved me for me when I felt I could not even love myself. So here are a few thank yous to the people who have made my life as full as it has been.

Thank you for teaching me that it is okay to find family figures outside of my blood family. The amount of "second moms" and "second dads" that have cared about me through the good and bad are too many to count. You are one of a kind and I am so lucky that I can count on you!

Thank you for being my role model! You have taught me so many lessons (accidentally or purposefully) that I will cherish throughout the rest of my adult life. The way you love others and open your home and heart to a stranger is beyond admirable. If I can be half the person you choose to be every day, I will be so grateful.

Thank you for being someone I can always look to for advice. You give the best therapy sessions! You let me tell you how I feel about any situation and can guide me through the dos and don'ts of the circumstance. I value you so therefore I value the words you give to me to better my life.

Thank you for being my number one cheerleader! Whether you call me to let me know that you're proud of me, send me a quick text to let me know you're thinking of me, or commenting on my latest Facebook status to let me know you care...everything you do to make me feel valued and supported is something I cannot ever put all my gratitude into words.

Thank you for being there for me NO MATTER WHAT. Regardless of how sticky the situation may be, you have always made sure I was aware that you had my back. You gave me reassurance that you would never betray me or my trust. Life can get messy and sometimes it is best to just run away, but you have continued to care for me even when I was at my worst.

Thank you for being there when no one else was. My loneliness seems to creep up on me and take over without warning. You have taught me that I am never alone and that you are nothing more than a short phone call away.

No matter where our paths may lead, please never forget my gratefulness for you. Believe it or not, you have helped shape me into the person I am today through your support! You are someone I will always admire and am blessed you took me in like I was one of your own. We may not be biologically related, but in my heart, you'll always be family.