thank you to my parents

To My Parents, Thank You For Being My Champions

You may not know, but you guys really are my champions.

650
Vanessa Patel

To my parents,

A champion is defined by Merriam-Webster as, "One that does battle for another's rights or honor." You guys are my heroes and have taught me more lessons that I may know.

You guys have taught me right from wrong. Chin up, when feeling down. Turn left and then turn right (when driving). To write all of the things I have learned from you would take me a lifetime.

I have grown into the person who I am today, because of you guys. I have learned to push myself and do everything with a purpose (as dad would say, do it with everything in you, or don't do it all). Your lessons have grown beyond me and have helped many others.

It is because of you guys I can attend a University, ride a bike, and chase all my dreams. You guys continuously push me to pursue anything my heart desires. I owe who I am today to you.

Thank you for being my champions.

Thank you for all that you do. Thank you for telling me stories about your "dollar and a dream" story. Thank you for the late night talks. Thank you for making me food at 2 A.M. Thank you for picking me up from all of my extra-circulars. Thank you for the midnight movies. Thank you for teaching me to be independent. Thank you for teaching me to not to be afraid. Thank you for teaching me when it's appropriate to laugh (a very important lesson). Thank you for teaching me how to love. Thank you for being patient with me. Thank you for giving me the last slice of cheese pizza. Lastly, thank you for being my parents.

I am forever grateful for your love and support throughout my life. My thank you goes beyond how amazing you guys are every day, but rather how your small acts of kindness in love have impacted me. I appreciate you today and every day. Thank you.

Love,

Your daughter