Thanks, Iron Man
Dating

Thank You, Mr. Stark

To the superhero that impacted my life more than even I knew.

358
Thank You, Mr. Stark

Dear Tony Stark,

This might seem weird because I'm writing it to a fictional character that originates from a comic universe, but I need to just get it out after seeing Avengers: Endgame.

I got into the MCU thanks to my uncle who loves comics more than he loves life. My uncle is the older brother I never had and my fascination with the MCU began when he lived with us and introduced me to it.

He taught me all of the superhero names, their powers, origin stories and how to keep up with all of the movies and additional characters that would trickle in during the next 11 years of these movies that would quickly take over my heart.

My uncle dragged me to see every MCU Avengers-sy movie in theaters since the first Iron Man came out, who happens to be his favorite character.

I saw this whole universe, started by Robert Downey Jr.'s Tony Stark unfold before me as the movies and storylines kept on developing.

These movies are the foundation for my relationship with my uncle, who eventually moved back to Mexico during my senior year of high school and just a couple of weeks before Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 and Spider-Man: Homecoming. Needless to say, I was more than bummed when I realized I would have to see this universe close out without my uncle by my side for every movie in the theaters.

But like thanks to you, I still found something to constantly talk to my uncle about. I found something that made me feel like he was still here with me even though we are hundreds of miles apart. You welcomed me into a universe that helped me deal with my uncle leaving and still help me to this day coping with the fact that I don't get the chance to go and see these movies with him every opening night like we used to.

You were the superhero that brought us together and the one that will keep our relationship strong.

I love you 3000, Stark.