27 Thank-You Letters To 27 Incredibly Important People

We all have people to be thankful for, and sometimes, you've just gotta tell them exactly how you feel.

401

Everyone wants to know that they're appreciated. I have so many people in my life that deserve entire articles, but that isn't exactly possible. So here's to the people that have truly helped me in life. I'm choosing to keep each of the people that the thank yous are addressed to anonymous, just because I feel that it would be more meaningful and some people in my life are pretty private. Did I write about you?

1. To the woman who has stood beside me for my whole life.

I never thank you enough, but I truly mean it. Thank you. Someday, I hope to repay you for everything you've done.

2. To the friend that I lost contact with, but I know is still there, always.

Out of everyone in my life, I'm around you the most, which means you get a lot of the worst parts of me. Still, thank you for being there for late night talks. Honestly, just thank you for not hating my guts, because in our situation that could happen very quickly.

8. To the man that I know will always care for me, even when boys don't.

I don't say it really ever, but I love and appreciate you. I won't always say your choices are my favorite, but they're yours and I respect that. I know that you will always care for me unconditionally, and that's the greatest gift you could ever give me.

9. To the boy who will be leaving soon.

Thank you for trying to put me back together. Maybe I haven't been fixed completely, but what really matters is that you tried. Thank you for every laugh we've had together and every time you were there for me when I needed it. I love you, despite everything. Maybe someday things can be different.

10. To the girl that has shown me everything I am worth.

Goodness, I can't express how much I love you. You've been by my side for so many years and will continue to be for the rest of our lives. Thank you for holding me when I cry, even though that should be my job. Thank you for being stupid and silly with me. Thank you for showing me that who I am is amazing.

11. To the friend that I know I can count on, always.

Maybe you haven't been there since day one, but you've been there for some of the most important things. Thank you for loving me unconditionally and dealing with my foolishness and unwillingness to hurt other people. I know it's not always my best quality. Thank you for always believing in me and being there when I need it. You're the closest friend I could have.

12. To the boy who I might have lost contact with, but I hope still knows I'm always here.

You were the first boy to show me I was beautiful and the first boy to deal with my flaws. Thank you for that and more importantly thank you for being by my side, even today. I don't care how long we don't talk, you'll always be one of my closest "guy friends."

13. To the friend who is always there for me and ready to take on my crazy emotions.

I can't express how thankful I am for you. I don't know what I would do without you being there whenever a boy is being dumb or my anxiety just gets the best of me. I know my decisions aren't the best for me all the time, but you're still there for me even when you know that rocky rivers are ahead. For that and so many other reasons, I love you so much. I'm thankful for you every day.

14. To the guy that shows me I'm much more than I think I am.

I'm so proud to be someone that you look up to, and I'm so thankful that I've somewhat been a reason for all the amazing things that you are doing and all the amazing things you will continue to do. I love you, and I will never leave you behind. I'll be here for you no matter what the future holds.

15. To the girl that I began a somewhat unlikely friendship with.

We were likely to know and like each other, yes, but much less likely to become as close as we did. I'm so proud of all the choices you've made recently, and know that even if you feel like things are falling apart, I'm just a text away and I'll always remind you of how truly amazing you are. I love you so much, and I'm very excited to see the future paths you take.

16. To the girl that honestly feels like a second sister to me.

I’m so happy that you’ve almost been integrated into my family because I love you so much. I miss you whenever I don't see you for a while, and I love knowing that you miss me too. You might be incredibly dumb at times, but you're also so intelligent. I can't wait for you to blossom for your final year of school.

17. To the guy who reminded me that silly people can still be intelligent.

Maybe I haven't known you for long, but you've definitely been there for me whenever I needed it. I'm so incredibly thankful for your friendship and so happy to have you in my life. Who knows the next time I'll actually see you, but I'm happy to know you'll be here, even if it is just for one more year. Thank you for opening up to me and thank you for letting me do the same for you.

18. To the only guy that I still have frequent conversations with from my high school class.

Thanks for reaching out to me every so often. It reminds me that going home for the summer doesn't have to be as crappy as I feel like it could be. I still think it's funny that barely anyone in high school knew who I really was. Honestly, you're a cool dude.

19. To the coworker that has become a friend.

Thanks for replying to my stupid life updates with genuine interest. I'm very happy that we'll be going through the Miami craziness for the next three years together. Thank you for all the "cute" comments from when I post selfies on my Snapchat story. I love you, and I can't imagine working without you.

20. To the teacher(s) that always believed in me.

You all are the reason that I am where I am today. I thank you for checking up on me even after I've graduated. You are the people that I truly miss the most from high school. You are and will always be my mentors and the people who made me into the amazing adult I am today.

21. To the choir directors that developed my love of music.

There are too many of you to mention individually, but you all truly had a huge part in who I am today. You taught me that music is not only beautiful but a way to open up to others around me and be connected with people. I appreciate all the times that I felt down and you all let me know that as long as I was following my passions, I'd always be happy. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

22. To the guy that I don't talk to anymore but still lets me know when I slay.

I miss you so much, and I hope that I can see you soon. You've missed a lot, and I know I have too. Thank you for always being supportive and a positive light in my life. I honestly don't know how you do it, but I appreciate it so much. I love you.

23. To the girl who always has open arms when I see her.

I'm happy we met. I get confused whenever we're together because I can't figure out if people are talking to me or you. Still, I love you so much. I know our friendship isn't exactly what you wanted to start out with, but I'm so happy that is has continued despite past events. I love you, and I'm so happy that you're a friend to me.

26. To the funniest girl I know.

Yes, you are hilarious, but you are also so much more than that. You are a leader, caring, and so intelligent. Thank you for being such a great friend even from so far away. You are so amazing, and I love and appreciate you so much.

27. To the guy that I miss so much.

I miss you, honestly, all the time. For months, you were there for me in every aspect of my life. Although I never quite figured you out, we still had a strong connection, even if it wasn't in ideal circumstances. Thank you for caring about me, and thank you for knowing when to let me go. I do miss you, though, and anytime you're ready to be friends, I'll be waiting here patiently.

* * *

While you might not have been mentioned above, know that if you are in my life in any way, shape, or form, I am so thankful for you. All of these thank yous are from personal experiences in my life, but I'm sure we all have people that we're thankful for, for these exact reasons. Everyone has someone to be thankful for from their past, present or even future.

Let people know that you care and you're thankful for them. I promise it will make their day.