A Thank You Letter to the Stage Crew

A Thank You Letter to the Stage Crew

Thank You for doing all that you do and making each and every performance possible.

1985
A  Thank You Letter to the Stage Crew
Google

First off, I would just like to say thank you. Stage Crew members do not hear those words nearly as much as they should. If you have ever seen a show, you're probably thinking about the talented performers on stage and all that's going on in the show. You're probably not thinking "wow that scene change was excellent" or "those sound and light cues are perfect". When curtain call comes, all of the actors and actresses take their bows but stage crew members keep working until the very end of the show to make sure the audience leaves with a great first and last impression. Chances are, if you see a stage crew member on stage there is something wrong and they are working as hard and as fast as they can to fix it.

Lets face it, If performers didn't have the Stage Crew, we would be standing on a dark, empty stage in our regular clothes attempting to sing and speak loud enough for the whole audience to hear us. We as actors don't realize how hard it is to be apart of the stage crew until were down on our knees painting the set or staring at the light and sound board wondering what all of the buttons do.

The stage crew works just as much, if not more than the actors to make sure the show is perfect and every cue is on time. There are so many shows that make headlines and the actors are pointed out but stage crew members are often overlooked even though they are a huge part of the shows success.

So next time you see a show, stop to thank someone who is part of the crew. Take a few minutes and pay attention to all that is happening behind the scenes to make what is going on on stage, possible. If you are a performer, always take time to show how much everyone on the stage crew is appreciated no matter how big or small their job is. Make sure to respect them, thank them, and acknowledge them during curtain call and rehearsals. They do so much work to make the actors job easier and the magic happening on stage would not be possible without them.