A Thank You Letter To My Best Friend And Her Family

Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

131

When I was in elementary school, I met a girl while trying to find my bus. Little did I know, she and her family would be part of my life forever. Since that day, my best friend and her family has been so special to me. I couldn't be more grateful to have them in my life. Here are the thank you's I have always thought, but never said.

Thank you for getting to know the real me and never judging me for it.

Since I had the privilege of meeting you so early in life, I grew up with you always around. You got to know me inside and out and watched me grow into the person I am today. It's because you know me so well that I feel like I can turn to you for anything, and I mean anything! I'm not scared to talk to you about any subject because I know you will be there for me and not judge me for it.

Thank you for being there through the good times and bad.

Because I have known you for the majority of my life, you have been there for the good, bad, and ugly. You have seen me in every state of mind and never decided it was too much for you to handle. You were there through it all and were determined to help me through any obstacle that came my way. You were also there for some of the best times of my life: my first concert, amazing vacations, and even for my engagement. Having your presence makes the best times that much better.

Thank you for letting me know I always have someone to lean on.

You have always been there for me so I know I always have someone to lean on through my toughest times. All of you have consistently been there for me when I felt like everything was falling apart. Your different personalities and outlooks have always guided me through the hardest times of my life. I could not be more thankful for that.

Thank you for supporting me and believing in me.

There has been times in my life where I didn't think anyone was happy with me or the decisions I made, but you have never failed to show me you support me. You constantly show me that you believe in me and make me want to believe in myself. No matter how big, or how small, you have been my greatest support system through every stage of life.

Thank you for letting me tag along on your fun family trips.

This may not seem like a big deal, but it was to me. You always let me tag along on your outings, even trips out of town, and it always made me feel like I belonged. You have taken me on some of the most exciting adventures that I will always remember. You have always shown me that I am welcome with open arms, even when I felt like I didn't belong anywhere else.

Most of all, thank you for always being there for me.

Above all else, all of you have always been there for me, no matter what. You have been there through my biggest accomplishments. You have also been there when things weren't going as planned and never failed to help me through it. You have always showed up for me, regardless of the situation, and I know you will continue to do so.

Lastly, I want to let you know you are some of the most important people in my life. I wouldn't be the person I am today without all of you. I don't know If I can thank you enough for all that you've done for me, but just know everything you have done means more to me than you will ever know.