A Thank You Letter To My Academic Advisor

Here is your well-deserved thank you.

30638
unomaha.edu

In my previous experiences with academic advisors, I haven't had the best luck. Not once have I had an academic advisor that genuinely cared about me or that believed in me. Once I got to college that all changed. I'm not sure words can explain how grateful I am to finally have an academic advisor that is incredibly dedicated and supportive, but I'm going to give it a shot.

First off, thank you for being my academic advisor. I was not assigned to you. I reached out to you because I heard absolutely wonderful things about you in hopes of you becoming my academic advisor. You could have easily said no because saying yes meant adding another thing to your very busy schedule. But, you said yes and I'm forever grateful. Without you, I would not be able to handle everything that college and life throws at me. Having you backing me up 100% allows me to be at peace, at least a little bit.

Thank you for believing in me and supporting. Many advisors aren't too hopeful or supportive, especially when it comes to students who plan on graduating early. But with you, I feel like anything is possible. You have faith in me and will do anything to help me set and reach all of my goals including graduating early. Whether it is you helping me map out my next few years in college, approving course overload or simply helping me sign up for fall, spring and summer courses, I can always count on you.

Thank you for being just as enthusiastic as I am, which for those who know me is difficult. I always look forward to coming into your office. As soon as I see your smiling face I know I'm going to leave happier than I came in. Along with our similar attitudes, you and I can geek out over the little things like planners on Amazon and studying abroad in beautiful countries. You're much more than an advisor and our meetings never feel like meetings. Our meetings feel like two friends sharing things such as advice and/or stories.

Thank you for seeing me as my strengths and not my weaknesses. Also, thank you for pointing out strengths I didn't even know I had. Each time we meet you boost my confidence so much and in college, that is something I really need and appreciate. You know what they say about confidence: it's key, so thank you for unlocking opportunities for me through compliments like "you're awesome" or even just letting me know you enjoy advising me.

Lastly, thank you for being a wonderful person!

This one is for you, Dr. Cash. Thank you!

Sincerely,

Your super appreciative advisee