A Thank You Letter To My Wonderful Mother

I would not have anything in this world if it was not for my mother. That is why I want to give her the world back. This is a thank you letter to my mother. Or to any mother who is reading this.

623
two women

My mom is my heart and soul. I have no idea where I would be in this world without her. Before I was even born, my mother took me in as her own and for that, I will be forever grateful for the life she has given me. If I was not adopted, I would not have half the love or support that my mother and family gives me. She gave me a life before I even knew I had one.

I know that Mother's Day is a couple of weeks away, but that should not be the only time you show your mother how much you love her. I try to show my mom love on a daily basis. I always leave her little letters and never go to bed without kissing her forehead goodnight.

In this life, I know that not everyone has a mother. Well, of course, you have to have a mother., but a mother is more than somebody who gave birth to you. A mother is a woman who raises you into the person you are today. They discipline and guide you throughout their whole life. That is a mother to me, and my mother is a pretty dang good one.

My mother and I talk almost every day. She is truly my best friend. And just like best friends, you may have a couple of fights. Especially if you are just alike and in this case, we are just alike. My mom is the greatest person in the world through my eyes (and my dad's). She comes home from working all day and cooks/cleans just to make sure we are happy.

I truly have no idea why God gave me the family he did. I am so grateful to have a family who supports my every choice in this life. More importantly, I am so incredibly blessed with the mother I have. She is so beautiful, loving, and strong. My mom is SO strong. She has been through so much and she pushed through. She always does.

So thank you from the bottom of my heart. Thank you for making that choice to become my mother. Thank you for loving me even when I don't clean my room or leave all the towels on my floor. Thank you for being my biggest motivator and for pushing me to chase all my dreams in life. I hope one day to be half the mother you are. I love you so much, Penny Marie. Thank you for being MY mother.