A Thank-You For The Amazing Parents Ever

A Thank-You To The Most Amazing Parents Ever

You guys have given me everything.

244

Dear Mom and Dad,

Thank you for giving me the most amazing childhood.

We moved quite a bit as we were growing up, but that just made me so much more adventurous. I honestly don't know how you guys managed to move so much with such a big family. Moving on to the boat was one of the best decisions we have ever made. I wouldn't be the person I am today without you guys making that decision.

Thank you for my siblings.

You didn't just give me family, you gave me three best friends. Growing up I always had someone to play with and someone to talk to. I had three other people to make the mistakes that I could learn from. I couldn't live my life without these amazing people.

Thank you for teaching me.

Thank you for teaching me how to drive, how to grow, and how to love. You guys have always exemplified everything I want to be both as a person and as a future parent and wife. You have not just taught me how to live, but also you have taught me how to be the best person I can be. You've taught me how to accept myself and my decisions and how to be better.

Thank you for loving me and supporting me.

No matter what I do, I know both of you will always have my back. You have always supported me. Through my ballet days, my swimming days, and my basketball days, you guys have always been there. You were able to cheer me on even when I was tossing the other kids around on stage (they just didn't know the dance, as well as I, did). I was always proud and excited to bring my report card home because I knew you would both be there to congratulate me and be my cheerleaders.

Thank you for protecting me.

You guys kept me and my siblings so safe all through our childhood. Even though we are all moved out, you have given us the correct tools to stay safe in this crazy world.

You guys have given me everything! You've shown me how to follow my dreams. You've shown me that if everything goes wrong, I will ALWAYS have two of the best people to help me pick up the pieces and figure out something else. I am so beyond blessed to call you my parents. Thank you for the years of advice and love and support.

Love,

Your daughter