Thank You, God, For Sending Him When You Did

Without your heavenly love, I would have never found mine here on Earth.

703
Sydney Moore

Dear God,

You know me better than anyone else, so you know that one of my biggest downfalls is impatience. I have been pining for the "right" guy for so long. Relationship after relationship, I have wondered what was wrong with me. After so many failures, I began to think I was the problem. I would pray every day asking you to send me "the one," and it seemed as if it just wasn't ever going to happen.

But that's where patience comes in. I understand now. All of those heartbreaks, wasted time, failures, etc., were all for a purpose. You were preparing me, making me stronger, wiser, and a better person.

I had to learn to put others before myself, realize that I deserve respect, and mature to be able to handle what you were sending me: an adult relationship.

You sent him into my life at a time when I truly needed it.

I was flirting with the cliff that plummets to lost hope. I had begun to think that I was just going to be single. But in that moment, I began to focus on myself. And that is what you wanted. And in that unexpected moment, you sent him.

SEE ALSO: God, Send Me Someone Who...

Now all of it makes sense. If I would have just been patient and taken a step back, I would have seen that everything I went through was all part of the plan. It was all so worth it.

So thank you, God.

Thank you for giving me what I always prayed for.

Thank you for making me wait, and become the person I needed to be first.

Thank you for giving me a love so great that I am still not so sure I deserve it.

Thank you for sticking with me through my impatience, my stubbornness, and my selfishness.