An Open Letter to my Forever Friend

An Open Letter to my Forever Friend

How Could I Ever Thank You

35
An Open Letter to my Forever Friend
facebook

To my sissy,

There are not enough words that can explain how blessed I am to have the privilege to be your sister. You have been through hell & back. Fortunately, having you as my sister has made me grow a stronger woman. There has not been a time where you turned your back on me so with that being said, I never really said thank you.

Sissy, thank you.

Thank you for always being there for me.
You have always supported every decision I made. Being the older sister, you like to believe you know more so I occasionally get lectured. I used to believe you were doing it to be a pain but now I understand you only want the best for me. Thank you for always being there on bad days to remind me it'll only get better. To deal with bad days, you were always there for the good days. You continue to remind me how great of a little sister I am.

Thank you for always loving me.
When I struggled to love many aspects of myself, you continued to cheer me on, You never hesitated to show me what love you had for me. You share a love for me that I couldn't experience with anyone else. You constantly remind me how proud you are of me & sometimes that is all a sister wants to hear. Because you love me so much, it taught me how to love.

Thanks for giving me a home away from home.
You & I both know sometimes home can get a little chaotic but thank you for always giving me a home when I need you the most. There is no better way to spend a night with you than binge watching Netflix & cuddling.

Thanks for not wanting to kill me as a child.
I know it was a tough job taking care of me. I wasn't the easiest child to watch. I stole your clothes. I annoyed you to no end. I tattled on you. Being eleven years apart was not our friend when we were younger. You were a personal chauffeur. You gave your room up for me. You literally sacrificed all your stuff for me.You are so patient!

Thank you for being a role model.
Growing up I have always envied everything you've done. You were always successful. You moved out on your own, graduated college, bought cars, got good grades, worked multiple jobs. I always wished I could work half as hard as you to being successful. You have taught me to work hard to get what I want. Until I was an adult myself, I wanted to be you. You make it look so easy like it comes naturally. Hearing you remind me it is possible really tests me to try hard to get where you are.

Thank you for being my first friend.
Honestly, you were my first friend & will be my last. There have been plenty of times where you have saved my butt, came to the rescue, & got me out of tough situations. For nineteen years, you have been an ear for all my venting, a partner in crime, & most important became my best friend. You have never given up on me & reminded me how beautiful I was inside & out.

Without you to guide me along the way, I might have fell off the wagon. I could never thank you enough. I love you to the moon and back, sissy. Thank you for not only everything but for being my forever friend.