Thank You For Hating Me

Thank You For Hating Me

You left me to continue our life with someone else.

511
Thank You For Hating Me
Haliey Coubal

It's been exactly 30 days today and I get it. I get why you left so easily. I get why the next day it wasn't me anymore; it was her. I get why you went to someone who you had a slight past with. Because you already got through the very beginning together. It's like you two started a book and only got through the prologue. But then I came along and gave you many chapters, which turned into series. I gave you many commas and finally we became a period. An end to our sentence. An end to our book. An end to our series. And that's when you went back to the beginning of something new. You reread that prologue and found a new start. Something where there wasn't any more baggage, no more old wounds you had to worry about, no more wiping tears off me at two in the morning realizing how bad you destroyed me. You've found someone new. Someone who you don't have to look at in the eyes anymore and see all the sadness and pain you've caused. You got your brand new start; you got your sense of relief. You can finally ignore all the guilt you once caused me when you look at her in the eyes as your placing your hurtful lips upon hers.

You left me, you left me with open wounds, open scars, bleeding out so fiercely. As you moved on with your life. You left me. You left me like I wasn't worth anything to you anymore. Moved on with the same life we shared; just added someone new to it. As I'm sitting here, you're laying there with her. In the same bed, you held me so tightly as I felt your tear drops fall upon my neck like rocks being thrown at me. The same bed you looked at me so deeply, where you felt the most vulnerable part of my soul. The same bed we shared many moments like we were kids again, uncontrollably laughing. Also, the same bed I've stained many of your pillowcases.

You left me. To continued our life with someone else. But this time, it's different. You can look at her and not feel guilty. You won't have that look of disappointment in your eyes anymore looking at me. Looking at me like I'm some sob story you cry at night reading about. You won't have to roll over every morning to see me peacefully sleeping in my innocents and having the thought of how bad you murdered our love rushing through your head. You finally found your sense of relief. Your forgiveness to yourself. And that's why you got up and left so easily. You can't let another single day go by knowing the true monster you are. It finally started to eat away your soul.

Now you'll do anything to hide the pain. Hide the hurt. It's easier to hate than love. You'll hate me for the rest of your life because you will never be able to forgive yourself for ruining a love that was so passionate and real. Please hate me, hate me for all the right reasons... Because in the end it's my only way of truly knowing how much you will always love me.